Monday, January 12, 2015

Blur Sotong Ace


Thanks to my blur sotong son, I had to spend close to an hour walking to and fro from hm to school 3 times today!!!!

Usually, Ace will walk home half the way and I will pick him up nearer to home. But as I had to drop him off at Popo house today, I told him I will pick him up. The day before, I aready reminded him that I am picking him up.. In the morning when I sent him to school, I also reminded him that I am going to pick him up...

But leh, Mr Blur Sotong plain forgot our agreement and happily go buy ice cream with his friends. On top of that, he forgot to bring his phone and so was uncontactable...

I reached his school and waited for 10-15 minutes... till students stopped coming out of the classrooms.. I also saw a boy whom I recognize as Ace's classmate... so I thought Ace is probably dismissed already.  The only conclusion then is that our good friend must have forgotten n gone home... so I tried to walk home.. hoping he will remember and turn around.

Alas, by the time I reached hm..he was not there.. I thought then he might still be in school if I did not see him along the whole way. So I called his school and asked if the teacher could help me search for Ace.

Just as I was planning what my next step might be, I looked out the balcony and saw Ace walking towards his school. I shouted out to him but he did not hear me and so I quickly called his school again to ask them to stop him if they should see him.. and to keep him in school so that I can go fetch him..

So I quickly walked back to school. I wondered if I should take cab but remembered how Max said it is not necessarily faster and also, I was afraid he may walk back towards home as well...

As I was crossing the overhead bridge, I saw Ace crying by himself.

After asking if he was ok.. I started screaming at him.. we promised to meet in school.. why was he not in school...

"Did you know how worried I was when i could not find you?"

I almost wanted to cry from the relief of finding him...

But leh, guess why our good friend did not meet me at the appointed place..

Apparently, despite so many reminders, our good friend STILL forgot that he is supposed to wait for me to pick him up. Not only that, other than forgetting, he did not go on his way as per normal or he would likely have met me or I would have seen him...

Turns out that he went out by a different school gate to buy ice cream and because his friend asked him to help them buy.. he waited for long time for uncle to fulfill the order.. that is why i did not see him in school, nor did I see him on my way when I traced my footsteps back home...

After he bought his ice cream.. then he slowly walked home and then he realized halfway that he was supposed to wait for me in school.. so he turned around and walk back to shchool...and when he reached school, he did not GO INSIDE the school.. he just stood at the gate and wait.. but he waited for some time and couldnt see me.. so he teacherfs cannot tell him that I am coming.. and he also wouldnt have seen me since I was trying to walk back to school during that time..


And then he decided to try to walk back  home again.... previously, he was bz looking out for me.. so he said he did not cry.. when he tried to walk back home.. he gave up trying to look for me.. so he started crying cos all other thoughts came in and he wondered if I was dead.. cos I told him I will sure go fetch him unless I am dead..

"But then I think.. if you are dead, policeman will come for me mah.. but no policeman leh..." He said..

And then he started worrying that he cannot see me ever again.. so he cried lor..

Anyway, after long scolding then he remembered to say sorry to me.. sigh.. silly boy... We made up before I dropped him off at my mum's place with a hug and I went on my way.

I told Max about what happened afterward and he luff at me.. say our son has the same low level of awareness like me.. taht is why like tat..

But well, one good thing that came out of this is that we have agreed on some rules about what we will do in case this happens again and Ace also learnt his lesson to always  bring his phone to school.

Later in the evening, while we were having dinner, Ace said to me me.. "Mummy..I learnt my lesson already..."

"So what was the lesson you learnt.." I asked him..

"Next time I will buy ice cream quickly! Hahahahaha" he replied with a cheeky grin.. PENGZ!

Previous Post: Roses Are Red


No comments: