Saturday, August 05, 2017

Eating Alone

I have always been a little of a social animal. Though I do not mind being alone, one of the things I very seldom do alone is to eat alone...

All these years, I have always eaten with someone when it came to meal times. If I had to eat alone, sometimes I will skip the meal. 

It is one thing though to eat alone sometimes at home. But it is quite another to go out and eat alone.

But i guess with new stages in my life and Ace's life coming our way... given that I now work and he is moving on to secondary school next year, the chance of me eating alone is going to increase..

So now is a good time as any to practice eating alone. Mmm.... It is not so bad since the coffeeshop I was eating in had a TV.

I wonder how Ace feels now that he always eats his meals alone at home or outside.... I try my best to eat with him when I can but it is not always possible.

I also started learning how to shop alone. First time I tried to do that, I felt totally depressed.

But as I did it more, I do find there can be joy in doing things alone...

Anyway, my mantra to myself... 自己一个人也不会死的。I think before I got married, I did lots of things alone too ;)

I had just forgotten how to enjoy being alone...

I remembered that i used to think it was so annoying that after I got married, I always had to let  someone know where I was and always had to discuss this and that... But having been married so many years and having gotten used to doing that... I now feel strange when I want to spend time alone and do what I like without a need to tell anyone where I was or a need to discuss with someone what I wanted to do.

Hahaha.. humans are really strange;)

I asked Ace what he thought about having so much time alone. He says he enjoys being by himself and being able to do what he likes without nagging... But I know he still misses having me and his dad around sometimes because he is always happy when I take effort to spend quality time with him.. and when we walk to school together, he always holds on to my arm tightly.. he doesnt used to do that before when we had lots of time alone when I was SAHM :)


Previous Post: Ace Wins Chinese Compo Contest

No comments: