Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Max's Big 4-0

Time flies...

When I met Max, he was 27 years old... and in a twinkling of an eye.. we have spent like 30% of our lives together...

For his birthday, we had a simple celebration at his parent's place.. his dad even went to specially get a cake...

Even got name one hor.. and he just asked for a cake and ended with a carrot cake-- Ace's favourite:) hahahaha... And Yeye and Nainai said they love this flavour too:)













After the cake, we restarted the "tennis tourament" we havent been doing for quite a while:) hahahaha.. And because the long term champion, Shushu, was not at home, finally someone else got to win:) hahahaha.




Then on the actual day, I told Max I will bring him somewhere to eat lah..

Kind of hard to make it a surprise since he will be driving:) hahahahaa..

And also because he included Ace in my birthday, I thought I also include Ace in his lor.. cos it is a place never go before also...

But we had some time together when we went to Gaomei for lunch:)



So where will we be going?

We are going to Sufood!

We havent been there before even though many of our friends have been there:) hehehe... It is vegeterian fixed menu sort of place...



 No time to do hair that day.. so let it be normal lor...

 Took a few selfies before we left the house..





 Appetizer... Ace loved the jelly and even asked for mine... Hahahahaa

We ordered different salads.. Ace did the strawberry one which tasted yummy..

 I did the acacado one.. but when I saw the sweet potato.. I stress... cos means will be very filing..

 Max did a crispy one...




 Our good fren finished all the strawberries and say dun want liao... Hahahahha... He also ate some of the crispy taro lah.. nice:)

 Asked Max to pose with a drink... caption is MAX FINALLY POSING WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEER OR WINE:) Hahahaha

 Ace trying to make moustache with salad leaves..

 Accidentally got a photo of his gorgeous eyelashes:) Hahahaha... Guess wat he is doing??

 Not difficult to guess right??

 Max chose pumpkin soup and I am so surprised! Cos when I married him, he doesnt eat pumpkin! Hahahahaha.... and though he did drink the soup but still.. usually given a choice, he wun choose pumpkin one...

 Ace ordered a mushroom soup...


 Mine is a stewed soup.. I love it.. it is so sweet! I dunno how they do it.. can share recipe??!!!

 So we agreed.. no more phones.. and stacked everybody's phones together:) hahahaha

 Self entertaining with pieces of leaves...

 Nothing to entertain him.. so I take picture of him lor:)

 Mains are served... Max chose a baked rice with fruits.. very interesting..


 I ordered the star pizza and when Ace saw it, his eyes widened!

Cos.. he said originally, he wanted to order this.. BUT he saw the picture is very small.. he scared he wun be full so he chose the rice.... But now that he realizes it is so big, he regrets lor... cos this is like everything he can ever dream of! Mushroom.. cheese, mayo, bbq sauce, seaweed!  All his fav foods on one pizza!

So he asked if he can share..and since I am not very hungry.. I said ok lah:)

 That is the rice he ordered..

 I asked for a photo and he gave me this "I am so evil" look... I found out why later lor.. someone say wanna share share my pizza and he share share his rice... as he ate his rice, he kept telling me how nice the mushroom is... and by the time he pass to me... LEFT ONLY RICE..... ;O






 Dun ask me why he always must give drama expressions when he take photos.. no one taught him this.. he is like tat since he was young...


 That is him doing the "Oh I am savoring this.." look


 This is his dad doing the roll my eyes and no eye see look:)

 This is the I am so amused look...

After finishing the pizza...Master of self entertainment decides to make a GLOVE BALLOON...







ANd then tries to burst it!

 Dessert is served!


 Ace did not quite like this roselle jelly:) hahahaha


 But he had alot of fun with his dessert...



 Time for some wefies:)



And then time to go... I wanted to go pay for the meal but Max beat me to it.. hee hee.. he pays for his own birthday meal.. so all I did was make reservation:) hahaha


Then leh, Max suggested that we make our way to The Long Bar... and we told Ace we will be going to the only place where you can throw peanut shells on the floor and not be fined for litttering:)


 So many beer... so little time...



The boys started a throwing peanut match:) hahahaah







 And Max tried to show what you can do with a peanut shell and make an "earring" for Ace... Initially he was quite amused...

 But it started to feel painful...



To proof that it is not all that painful.. Max did THIS:) hahahah



 So Ace tried it on his fingers.. where the skin is thicker and not so painful..

 Ace ordered a Shirley Temple.. and I did a beer...

 THe boys tried to do a stunt.. throw peanuts into each others' mouths..



 THen they did some sort of table game.. shoot the peanut into the goalpost made by their fingers..




 Ace was so excited to find a peanut with 4 nuts inside.... He said it is extra special...

 There was a cherry in Ace's drink and I told him about how they say you will be a good kisser if you can tie the stem into a knot... and to demo... his dad did it!:)

  Me leh.. I just people watch lor.. realized that 90% of the people who come here all order a Singapore Sling..
Then it was time to go home..

And that was how Max was introduced into his big 40....

Previous Post: Everybody's Time Is More Important Than Mine

No comments: