Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ace's Swim Safer Grade 3 Test

I feel like Ace has been learning to swim FOREVER!

It has been such a long long time since Ace started to learn how to swim... He started way back in 2009 lor..

He started many moons ago when he was still afraid of water... And then went on to dubai for what I feel is more professional coaching cos he got really nice moves after that... (I remember how happy we were when we visited a fren and brought him swimming and found him gliding smoothly in the water and to realize he is no longer afraid of water! Yipee!) BUT he was just weak in it I guess and it takes him a long time to perfect one move...

After he came back.. he did a trial lesson with Mr Tang... and continued from there. Alas, after so many years of lessons, his standard is still considered quite low as he only made it to the Swim Safer Grade 2 exam last year.

And finally after soooooooooooooo long, it is time to take the Grade 3 Test...

It was a mad rush for me.. I went for ZUMBA.. and then rushed home to bath and immediately brought him out:) But we had a pleasant surprise when we found and caught an Exeggutor on our way to the pool:)


Wefie while waiting for his turn....

It was so warm and we waited so long.. I promised him an ice cold 100PLUS when he is done... I think I need one too!:)

Finally time for Ace to take his test.. there are only 3 pax taking the test at this level..
The other two are siblings I think...

So they went into the pool and did this backfloat thingy...








Then he had to go pick something up from the bottom of the pool....



He had to redo again.. this time have to go pick something up... and swim through the hoop in the water.. I am not sure if you can see clearly in the video below...





Here is him repeating the stunt.....


You have no idea how happy I feel that I can see him swim like this.... When I think back about how he used to be so afraid of water... I feel so happy to see him gliding effortlessly in the water... I just wished he can complete his certs sooner:) But well, after primary school, I also not sure if he still has time to do so many extra lessons....

Next is to swim with clothes on...

Really BTH Ace... It seemed like it was going to rain so his coach asked them to hurry up but our good fren still slowly turning his shirt inside out...


Finally in the water!

Here is the video of him in action;)






I know like boring but you can skip watching all of them.. I really videoed them down for his dad to see:) hahahaha...


Then they even needed to swim with the life vest...

You needed to put on the vest while in the water and then swim...



Here is a video of them in action...

I can't help but think this pic looks like some fashion runway shot... hahahahaha


The next part is where one person will pretend to need help and the one being tested needs to say a script and "save" them...

Eg, this is Ace saving someone...

THe standard script is something like... "Don't worry, calm down, help is on the way..." Then you put the board out for them to grab....

So people usually just stood there to wait to be saved right? But when it was time for Ace to be saved... the Drama Mama Ace will flap his hands around... I asked him later why he so drama.. he said he was trying to make it convincing and believable! LOL!




Another funny part happened in this video... So someone has to be saved right.. and so you gotta say something comforting like "Don't worry, help is on the way... " And then you throw the board to them...

OK now you gotta watch this video...




As I watched him do it.. I was just wondering this... It took SO MANY SWINGS before he threw the board out.. by the time the board is thrown to the person needing help.. I think they person die liao lor!:)) hahahahaahhahaha

Last round was some Q and A to test their water safety knowledge... and then... announcement that they passed!:)


Happy day so we rewarded with a happy Pokemon:)

PS: THat was the day Ace caught his first snorlax.. while max was sending me and Ace to Popo house and to zumba  respectively, we saw the Snorlax in the radar.. Ace asked if he could go catch.. I told him he could if someone goes with him.. since I was going to zumba, I had to give it a miss...
Ace ran up to Popo house.. and then asked popo to pls go with him and then ran all the way to the snorlax and caught it.. he was soooooooooo happy:) hahahaha..

Previous Post: Pokemon Go Hunting At East Coast And Gardens By The Bay

No comments: