Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Ah Yee Loves You

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3350/1341/1600/ahyee02.jpg
The other day, Ah Yee told me that she was searching for something online and came across this blogpost she did of Ace and he says I should show him so that he knows that Zhen Popo used to give him all the attention she is giving Cay now and he dun feel shortchanged... cos he was given tat attention at that age too.. it is just that he does not remember now...

So leh, we found a few of Ah Yee's posts and read... and Ace realized... not only that Zhen Popo loves him.. but Ah Yee and Nett Nett also loves him very much.. he read and laughed out loud with me and afterwards, he had a smile on his face the whole day:)  I reminded him that though Ah Yee likes to disturb him, she really loves him so much lor.. when he was young, she would buy him snacks and clothes all the time.... like every other week also got new stuff for him lor...


----------------------------------------------------------------
This one AH Yee wrote when Ace was born...


Thursday, July 07, 2005i wanted to blog about...

1) the birth of my baby nephew, BABY ACE, and how he is absolutely the cutest cutest cutest baby i've ever set eyes on. for those who knew me, u know i am never a kids or pets person.

and i for one used to think that all infants look alike. I remembered mths back when KW proudly showed me the picture of his new born baby, he was proudly beaming to me and asking me: cute mah?? Cute mah??

Seriously at that point of time, wat I saw in the pic is just another baby lor. All infants look more or less the same, tiny eyes, tiny nose, tiny mouth, tiny hands, tiny legs. Wat so cute.

infact i HATE children and babies cause they are all so IRRITATING. oh but when i set eyes on baby ACE, i realised that cute babies do exist. and even when he cries, i find his wailing so soothing and not really that irritating.

presenting to you
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
baby ace... im not bull shitting right?? he is really sooooooooooooooooo cute right??

-------------------------------------------------------


Friday, August 05, 2005
 4 adults & a baby


Had actually wanted to blog about the past weekend.

U know, it really aint easy being a mommy, taking care of a baby.

Last sat sis left baby ace at our place for an afternoon. And it took 4 adults, momo, dad, me and grandma (total ages adding to 200+) to take care of the infant.

We wanted to let the baby sleep, but he wouldn���t. Maybe he misses his mama���s smell. Maybe he finds our house unfamiliar. He simply wont sleep. I say: momo bed too smelly lahz. Haha.

I was taking a nap on momo bed and momo rested him beside me, thinking that I can help keep an eye on the baby while I sleep. But he only slept not longer than 20 mins and started crying. And being the loving ah yee that I am, I have to talk to him, sayang him until momo came to carry him away and I continue my sleep. Then, after he fell asleep in momo arms, she lay him down beside me again. And again, he slept for not longer than 20 mins and started crying again. This happens 3 times. The 3rd time, I bey tahan I told him: diam ah. But I think baby ace is too young to understand hokkien.

Then it was passing baton session. First momo carried him, then grandma carried him, then dad carried him, till we settle him down in the pram. But that���s not the end, we have to rock the pram thru and fro to stop him from crying, and keep talking to him.

Phew, really not easy man. And momo keep asking me to sms sis to ask her to come home early. Haha.

By the end of the day, I got a headache.

Then the next day got fever.

I think I am not the nanny type. But I think baby ace likes me. Cause every time I carry him or talk to him, he will smile at me. Hee.
-----------------------------------------
Here is one Ah Yee wrote when Ace was 3-4 months old... about how she helped to take care of Ace

Friday, August 19, 2005
My Thursday

Was on leave yesterday.

As bro in law was out for sailing on wed and thurs, the initial plan was that I will go over to sis place on wed night and stay there for the night. Then go shopping with baby ace on thurs. but in the end, at momo persistence (sis dun wan momo to grumble on this issue for the next 10 years), she and baby ace slept at our place instead.

Thursday morning, 7.30am. Was woken up by momo. She carried ace in and said : ace say good morning to ah yee. Then she proceeded to the window, draw the curtain to let ace see the outside scenery.

Sometimes I really think that parents, after they have a grandchild, their son/daughter got no more placements in their hearts anymore.

I took leave. I dun have to go work. Momo knows. But yet she chose to come disturb my sleep. And she knows that on days I dun have to work, I always sleep late. She knows I sleep late. She knows I am perpetually always lack of sleep. And yet she purposely brought ace to wake me up.

And y I say purposely? Cause sis says that while she was in her room, she carried ace and told him : come, lets go wake ah yee up.

She is instilling the wrong values to the baby!! Wen baby ace grows up, he will think its ok to wake pple up from their sleep, especially ah yee. CANNOT!!

Anyway, our shopping expedition turn out to be a nua at home session mainly due to the following:

the sky was quite dark. We were afraid it will rain halfway.
baby ace kept asking for milk. There was no time to prepare
baby ace kept sleeping also.
sis kept sleeping also. She feeling abit under the weather.
1 kept sleeping also. I was woken up at 7.30am lor.

Basically the pattern went: ace sleep. When he was awake, sis was sleeping. When she was awake, my turn to be sleeping. So ended up we stayed at home and nua for the whole day. Hee hee.

But I think I am getting better at taking care of babies. Well, I manage to :

Pat baby ace to sleep
Carry him up when he is lying down. (previously when he is lying down I dun dare carry him up cause he is so fragile)
:)

But alas, I woke up with a bad headache today. Dun tell me I am really not suited to take care of babies??

But I think the culprit behind my headache is not because I took care of ace lah. I think its due to my lack of sleep. And who is the culprit behind my lack of sleep?? MOMO!!

------------------------------------------------------------
This is the one Ah Yee wrote about how Zhen Popo was so excited when Ace was going over stay when me and Max went on a holiday....


a special guest is coming over to my place to stay for the next 2 days!! he arrived at my place this morning at about 6 am. and momo and grandma are so excited about his arrival that they were up at 5+, eagerly anticipating his arrival.

and sway sway me was woken up by them. :(

why do i always kena woken up when i am on leave (yes, i am on leave today to attend to the special guest)???

anyway, back to the 2 excited obasans. there were so anxious that they kept walking back and forth. infact, grandma stationed herself by the window and when she saw his car arriving at the carpark, she excitedly shouted: lai le!! lai le!! (come already, come already)

and when i meant shout, she really shouted cause i think she alarmed our neighbour. we saw neighbour open their wooden door to see what happened.

and grandma proceeded to open the door at lightning pace. i wanted to tell her: mai kan jeong. from the carpark to the lift to the stairs and to our place takes time lor. special guest dunno how to teleport yet.

so about 5 mins later, special guest appeared at my doorway. the 2 aunties fretted over him, hugged him, brought him to the room and made sure he is comfortable with his room for the next 2 nights.

dad came over alightly earlier than usual as well and went to check on special guest the moment he stepped in.

and who is this special guest i was talking about that got all of us so excited?? he is none other than...
.
.
.
.
.
.
drum rolls
.
.
.
.
.
.

yo, u talking abt me??

yeah lah, my darling nephew, baby ace. sis and bro in law went HK for holiday so baby ace is staying with us for the next 2 days.

he machiam like some superstar lidat. hah. :)
--------------------------------

Ace called me again!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007


Ace called me again!! This time, he called me ah yee loud and clear, not like the past, where he will just say yeeeee (which sounds like ” eeeeeee” yucks).

Happened few nights ago, I was in the room chatting with mummy while waiting for a very active ace to fall asleep. He was so active that he was rolling around, climbing around, and knocking his head around. His favourite action is to slump himself on mummy’s already very flat tummy. And when he was slumping himself on mummy, mummy said: OUCH!! And he happily repeated what mummy has said, ouch, ouch, ouch.

So I told him: ace, say ah yee, ah yee, ah yee. And he really repeated after me loud and clear, AH YEE. Haha. So I asked him to say ah yee again, and he did again!!

Upon seeing this, mummy quickly joined in and said: ace, say wai po, po po... He kept quiet.

Mummy, never giving up, tried again: ace, say po po... Po po... Ace kept quiet for about 5 seconds, and then he started rolling around again and saying: neh neh neh. Mummy was DL but I think she got used to it already lah. Haha.

I told mummy, 同人不同命, 羡慕不来的!! Haha. waiting for the day ace will come and tell me: ah yee, 带我去玩!! or ah yee, 你是最棒 的!!
----------------
Oct 2007

parenthood training

Net and I had a taste of parenthood on last sat morning. Mummy has to work that sat and daddy is fetching her there, max and sis are having a rendevous night out at a secret hotel they dun wanna tell us. So Net and I have to take care of Ace while the rest of the family are away.

Ace woke up at 5.30am. Mummy left work at 7. So only ace, net and me were left in the house. Both net and I were tired. But ace was energetic. We tried to rock him, bluff him to sleep but didn't work. In the end we just left him in our room and we slept. I slept on the inner side or the bed that is facing the wall and poor net was on the outside, so ace took his magna doodle and asked net to draw something every 5 mins or so. Or he would take something from the table and pass it to net.

At 9+, daddy came back. And we were relieved, but only for a short while. We were sleeping happily with no disturbance when we were suddenly woken by daddy screaming: EEEEEEE... 大便!! Ace 臭臭!! 快点去找 ah yee!! And I was like “$%^&#^!! Why must look for me?!?!?!” So we were woken up again and daddy insists that I have to wash up ace because he is going marketing and left. So net, me and a smelly ace were left in the house again.

So I had to bring ace to bath and net took off his clothes and diapers. And ace’s shit is damn smelly. And because most of the time he don't really chew his food well, we can see bits of undigested food in his shit. YUCKS!! So it took both of us, both net and I to bathe ace. Basically net was holding on to ace so that he dun run around and I was the one doing the dirty job of wiping the shit away, cleaning his ass. My first time cleaning shit was given to ace... Boo hoo hoo. After bathing him, we changed him and decided to bring him out for some breakfast.

We went to parkway and had BK breakfast. Basically ace was quite 乖 that day. He did not ask us to carry him when we put him down and told him he has to walk and he gladly gave us his hand to 拉拉. Sometimes he even insisted that both of us held his hands when we walk. After breakfast, we bought him to a big pet shop at marine parade and he was happy to see so many fishes and small animals.


ace learning to use the fork n knife...

He will point to the fishes and say: fish
he sees the puppy labrador, he points to the glass and say: dog dog... Woof woof
He sees the rabbit drinking water and he says: rabbit 喝水
He sees the rabbit sleeping and he says: rabbit ooi ooi
He sees the ginue pig and say: cat cat. Meow meow.


Haha. After the pet shop, we passed by a playground with lots of kids playing and so we decided to let him play there for a while. I think ace is very happy to see so many little children he ran here, ran there and shouted. After sometime, we decided it was getting late and time to go home. Once in the car, he slept soundly all the way home. We guessed he must be very tired since he woke up so early and walked so much. But the moment he reached home and I placed him on the mattress, he woke up jumped around again. But by then, daddy, grandma were home so we sort of handed him back to them. Keke.


i am king of the playground!!!


Just a morning with ace and both of us were shagged out. Net told me at night that his arms were aching from carrying ace. Haha. Its really not easy bringing a toddler out cos you have to be very alert and on your toes and make sure u can catch up with them when they suddenly run off. You have to think of ways to entertain them so that they sit quietly on the chair while you eat, you have to make sure they don't fall or get pushed or knocked by other kids while at the playground. Similarly, you also have to make sure that they will not push or knock other kids, or worse, fight with other kids for the swing or something.

And I realised that when I brought ace out, I didn't prepare any extra pampers, I didn't bring any jacket (he was wearing a singlet and we were at a shopping centre and the air con is quite cold. Im not sure if he is cold. But I guess not :p). But all in all I think its good training.


When the 3 of us are walking, net told me that a lot of people looking at us. I told him they must have thought that ace is our son. Net said: but he don't look like me at all mah. me: that's y they look mah!! Kekeke.

---------------------------------------

2007 January

the sweetest sound

Yesterday I almost melted... Of happiness, of course... :)

Recently, Ace has a new favourite word and that is : BYEEEEE. When he wants you to leave, he will tell u byeeeee.... Before he goes to bed he will come to us and tell us byeeee... And he will wave his hand too. Very cute.

Yesterday, he pooed and sis was bringing him to the bathroom to wash his bon bon and he kept standing by the kitchen doorway and waved to mummy, max and me and kept saying byeeeee. So I told him: ace, since u can say byeeee so clearly, why dun you say yeeeeee?? And right after that, he said: yeeeee. Loud and clear!! :D :D :D Wah, happiness is me man. And I went over to hug him. And when sis pulled him away to bring him to the bathroom, he ran to give me a hug again. Wahseh, almost melted man. Cant wait for the day ace will tell me: ah yeee I love you. :D Ah yee loves you too, ace. Ah yee will love you unconditionally.
-------------------

It was so sweet to read all these posts:)  No wonder Ace had a smile on his face the whole day that day:) hahahaha...

PS: Ace told me his classmates found out he has a blog about him and went to read his blog and they all told him "Eh, you very cute when you were a baby leh..." hahahaha

Previous Post: Play Date And Fancy Dinner


No comments: