Sunday, January 10, 2016

Refuel On A Sunday

While walking around our usual haunt....Saw that there is a new cafe in the area... and it is facing bedok reservior.. looks promising.. plus it serves beer :)

So the other day when we were thinking of what to eat.. we decided to check this new place out...


Checking out the menu... and looks good! Quite a few vegeterian options:)


Alas, when we sat down, the told us the food we want to order is not available...

THis not available, that not available... plus the smell of the toilet is very strong...

So.. we decided to go elsewhere..

Walk to kopitiam liao, our good friend say he tot we were going to refuel... so his dad turned around without a word and walked back towards Refuel...

And I reminded Ace that his dad really loves him very much... and that he should appreciate what his dad does for him...

And this thing leh, is got story one... Recently leh, Ace does not like to play with Cay again. He claims that Cay is whiny all the time now.. but when I observe, I think the real reason is very often if he plays with Cay and they get into a fight, his dad will always scold him or give him a look to say "You are gor gor, you should know better.."

When you are the gor gor or the jie jie.. chances are, you hate it when pple say that to you mah.. so Ace is always upset over that.

And then recently, when we went to Laoma's house, the two kids quibbled over toys and then somehow Ace kenna scolding from his dad and so he was upset.

And that day, Cay wanted to play with this bus that his dad made for him using some engineering set. Ace asked if he wanted to enhance it and he said ok.. and when Ace added things to it to make it better, Cay who is not easily receptive towards changes whined and cried that he wanted his old Bus.. so I asked Ace to pls make back to the old bus when I failed to sell Cay the idea of a bigger, better bus.

His dad leh, gave him a look and said something like, "Why did you do that.." And the aggrieved Ace who felt that he did no wrong cos he already asked permission from Cay before he upgraded that bus shot his dad a dirty look and his dad said, "Don't give me that look, you are at fault.. why you go and take his bus.." And that likely made him very upset lah...

But mother always have to be he shi lao right.. so one one hand, I went to Max and asked him why he thought it was Ace's fault and explained to him that Ace was upset cos he likely did not think he is at fault since he already asked permission from Cay before he fixed everything up...

On the other, I tried to explain to Ace that Cay is in the age where he wants to know where are his boundaries and wants independence and to do things his way.. that is why sometimes he seems to behave unreasonably... so as gor gor, it is good leadership training to learn how to persuade him gently otherwise...

And also have to remind him that though it seems like his dad always scold him over cay, his dad still loves him very much and loves him most lah...

Anyway, we had a nice dinner at REFUEL in the end lor:)




Oh, talking about giving a dirty look.. the other day, I asked Ace a question and he gave me a "what-the-f" kind of response using gestures. So I told him off.. I told him that this is a very aggressive gesture and if he did that outside when people asked him a question, people may think it is aggression and feel attacked and they may retaliate and beat him up as a result.... I think he actually did not mean it that way but he is not aware that the energy he went and the impression he gave was like that.. so my tone when I told him of was not too nice also.. so he got upset cos he felt like he was not doing anything at all.. he doesnt understand that what I see and feel because of the body language he used is different from what he thought...

And then we left the house to go out and in the lift, he kept staring at me without blinking... a defiant stare.... and.. I just stare back lah.. my eyes small.. wun blink so easily mah:) hahaha.. I really felt like telling him, "Dont stare at me with those bug eyes of yours.."

Anyway, very sad lor.. teach your son..he dun appreciate and stare back at you...  now getting older liao.. very ah beng and pai kia lor...

But I think just wait for everyone to cool down and things will be ok...

But hor, when the lift reached the ground floor and everyone went out of the lift, Max pulled Ace to one side and told him, "Don't let me see you staring at your mother like that again.. the next time I see that... I will give you a hard slap for being so disrespectful to your mother.."

And Ace really never dared to do that again...

Previous Post: Last Visit To Laoma's House

No comments: