Friday, October 09, 2015

YNPS Sports Funanza

I received a letter stating that there is going to be some sort of Sports Funanza thingy.. which is sort of like the school sports day.. and the Parent Support Group asked for volunteers and I thought if I go, I can go cheer for Ace and so I volunteered myself.

Alas, the haze came along and their full fledged sports day became some sort of sports funanza plus children's day party.

Ace kept asking me what I wanted to contribute to his class party.. but when I asked if anyone buying cutlery, anyone buying drinks, snacks etc.. he said YES to all... And he said his teacher is going to treat them PIZZA... so leh, I told him I will not contribute anything since it seems like they have lots of food liaoz...

He kept asking me then if I can air fry some fries because e said the last time I did them they were very tasty... but I told him they will be cold by time he reached school lor...

So that was tat..
A group photo before we start..

We were split into two teams as there are three things happening at the same time... class party for the lower pri and sports events at school hall and indoor sports hall...

This is team School Hall... some of them are parent volunteers hoping to get theri kids into the school...

We are in charge of the nerf gun..shoot into the box game.. The game goes like this.. two by two theyhave to tie their legs together in a three legged race and walk to the shooting point... shoot into the box two points..hit the box 1 point...

I learnt a few things observing the kids while they were at play..

- Boys are definitely better at shooting nerf guns..

- One girl was very short and  scored easy cos the target was at her eye level... another girl who is a little more observant realized the target is very low... so she kneel down and shoot and got the bullet into the box.. afterward, the other girls all followed and scored!

- At the start, no one scored...but somehow when someone scored, the rest got confidence and they start to score and score.... Confidence helps people perform better!

-But hor, round two, they forgot why the scored and stopped kneeling down... I wanted to like tell them.."Guys, repeat the winning strategy!!!" Hahaha... Moral of story is children need lots of reminders!

- You know why sports team need coaches? Cos they can see things you cant and correct you. I noticed that many of the girls not shooting properly cos their guns are all tilted upwards and reminded them... They also like to just anyhow aim and shoot.. so I had to tell them how to use the iron sight of the gun to aim... After many reminders.. they finally got it right and scored some points:)

- Your tool makes a difference... but tat can be overcome if you understand it... the gun we were given was spoilt so they got another smaller gun that is not so powerful and so they were not scoring as much as other teams using bigger guns.. but as they understood their weapon more, they started to do better by compensating for its flaws in different ways...


I am buddy with my JC classmate, LX who is mother of two :) She so slim hor, I take photo beside her feel very fat! :)


Then after we were done, I was totally shagged cos we were given assistants to pick up bullets but my assistants kept chatting and missing out on the bullets and so I had to run here and there to pick bullets...

I thought can rest but then we were told we going to the sports hall for round two:)

When going to the sports hall, Ace's class walked past me.. I feel like some superstar like tat cos all the kids walk past me and went. "Hello aunty... " "hello, how are you.."

hahahaha....
Here in the sports hall, they were doing special type of soccer...

It's a little like table soccer.. they are segregated into areas and you can only kick the ball in your area... It looks quite fun...

That is Ace running forward to ask the teacher to select him for the next game..

Yay.. he is selected!




I just realized my son really very tall amongst all the P4s...



You see he alot of action. hahahaha






Dun ask me why he is dancing...






Ace cheering cos Blue Team scored...


But leh, they lost in the end cos initially is draw one.. one of his frens go and own goal... ON PURPOSE! Hahaha.. I dun understand what he was thinking man..

Games in progress..

Ace looking very sian cos now he has already played he has to sit down and watch..


I noticed most of the time he was just talking to his friends and trying to be funny..




Animated cheering when Blue Team scored..


Saw this really amusing girl.. who looked like she was forced to play.. actually the students usually volunteer one lor... so of all places, she picks this and goes and be the goal keeper for Blue Team... But hor, she spends the whole match standing like this.. with her hands in the pockets... Me and my fren were saying.. this is the world's most chillax goal keeper...

When the ball comes near here.. hands still in the pocket and she uses EYE POWER to will it away.. hahahahahahaha...



Guess what is Ace doing? He and his friends are doing water bottle stunts.. they trying to spin their water bottles for fun out of boredom.. remind me to NEVER buy him expensive water bottles...

Finally their games are over and everyone heads off to the school hall where the teachers played more games..


And I finally can sit!!

Someone bought ice cream for us!:)

I was really tired by then and then they had this special talk.. it is a talk but sportsman C Kunalan...


Actually, his story is very inspiring.

He was a puny sized teacher and he was discovered when he was quite old and he really trained hard with limited resources to become top athlete in Singapore... He shared with the kids if they want to do well in sports they need to have muscles in their legs, arms and tummy... so they need a 6 pack !:) hahahaha... And then he also shared about his family and his love story.. he married chinese girl during a time where inter racial marriages were not common and their parents were dead against it but they overcame all odds to be together.. :)

A picture with the great man:)

Anyway, all the kids were given a recycled bag as children's day present from the school and also a meal each cos everyone is a winner!:)

By the time i reached home that day, I was dead tired, I sat down on the chair and could not move for two hours!

I now really admire Ace for having energy to run around the house and play games and do this and that after school lor! Hahahaha..

Previous Post: Can I Have A New Pencil Case

No comments: