Thursday, June 18, 2015

Family Dinner At Home

The last time I cooked for my parents was when Ace was about three years old..

We were living in our old house then and I wanted to cook something for the. Alas, I was a lousy cook.  I remember that I tried fry veggie for them but the veggie I fried was terrible. I did not know tat you had to pluck the leaves of the veggies to wash them and fry them. I just wash them as they are and cooked them!

Then I did some soup a friend told me is very nice. I agar agar.. never practice before and then, it turned out to be bitter and yucky...

The only dish that was SORT OF ok was the vegeterian mutton curry tat I do every christmas.. haha

But my parents were happy I think because it was the first time they had any cooking by me.

Then I lived in dubai and started to learn how to cook and got better at cooking...

And since my dad and grandma have not visited my house before, invited them over for Fathers' Day celebration...

 First step is pack the house... so since have to pack the house, I entertained myself by doing a MINIONS exhibition.. hahahaha..

 After packing the house, time to start making food. I decided to make my 拿手好菜- braised niang bittergourd:) VEGETERIAN one okie:)


 After braising... My mum say very nice and asked me if it is really vegeterian:) hahaha

 And the 3 colour egg. Just before this, I watched a program that taught you how to make this dish and so this time round it looks a little more like those we eat in zi char stalls:) I am very happy with it:)

When I went to buy the duck egg,  I had to as the uncle which ones were duck egg and whether I had to cook the duck eggs. I think he one look can tell I dun go market often.. hahaha:)

 Hehehe.. I think my sis not very confident of my cooking:)

So she bought curry fish head, toufu, pork knuckles, etc along:)


So much food lor:) Eat till we so full:)

Ace was in a slightly bad mood and din play much with Cay...

Speaking of which, the other day he told me that he does not like to play with Cay because he is upset. I asked him what he is upset about and he complained that everytime he played with his cousin, everyone will give him stares and say cannot do this or do that...

"Who is the everybody you are talking about?" I asked him.. cos i dun remember anyone doing that... He looked hard at his dad and then looked at me again...

And then, to my surprise, he was actually quite aware and expressive cos he paused for a while and told me in a very small voice... "Actually another reason why I don't like to play with Cay is because when you all see him, you all give him all your attention.... I think I want more attention from you.."

Wahahahaah...  I told him a little difficult to give him attention when all he does is look at his phone and play phone games..

But I also made a mental note to include him when Cay is around and to give him more attention lah.

Hahahaha.. so old liao still jealous of a 3 year old.. hahaha:) I gently reminded Ace that he doesnt need to feel jealous because when he was 3 years old, he already enjoyed ALL the attention that 3 year olds get too:)

Anyway, part of it was also because Cay said wanted to play with him but did not want to share the toy Ace wanted to play with.. so Ace was small air and upset lah.

But leh, the other day, Ace's birthday mah.. so Cay sang him a birthday song and he went.."Awww... so sweet" and forgave Cay for everything!:) hahahaha

Previous Post: I Like Tennis!

No comments: