Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers' Day Present

It is mother's day... and everyone has been showing off all the cute little thing that their children made in school for them.

My sis and my cousins were discussing about what their children made or gave them and my sis was saying how all the gifts made by C were done with teacher's help.. not really from C on his own initiative.

I told her my son is of the age where he can take initiative.. but also, nothing is done lor.. so dun expect too much.. have something is still better than me... no teachers to remind him, I bet i will get nothing...

Then fast forward to one day before Mothers' Day.

Ace was invited to go for a birthday party. I was a little surprised that any SINGAPOREAN parent will hold a party on the weekend. Not any weekend.. but the weekend just before all 4 papers of exams! What is more, the party is not a fast one.. it is a 3-9pm party!

I tot all singaporean parents are kiasu and concerned about exams! But alas, not only we met someone who is not like tat.. the party was a big one and many other little boys had parents who allowed them to go... wow.. I suddenly dun feel like I am a very relaxed parent compared to my peers.. hahaha..

Anyway, I told Ace that if he wants to go, he can but he can only go for two hours and only if he completes some of the studying I have set out for him to do.

He said ok.. and that was that. Because he had not been studying for his exams at all, I worried most about his 10 units of words he had to learn and told him he has to learn the words for units 1-3 by Fri and 4-6 on Saturday before he can go.. That was Wed. So he had three days to do one day one or one day two.

But our friend chose to watch tv and this and that till friday then one shot cheong for 3 units. And then Sat morning woke early to cheong for another 3 units. He was happily doing it till hor, at 3pm.. one of the party guests, who was also his classmate came and looked for him at our door!

After he saw his friend, he started whining and growling as he studied. THen he asked if he could go off earlier if he finished earlier. I said no, he goes off earlier, he comes home earlier.. and then our friend went full fledge into a tantrum... complained why other people can go to the full party but he only can go two hours.. and why he cannot go off early if he finish early...

I reminded him that he only is in position to negotiate with me IF he finishes early.

And then he did the full dramatic works...

I see liao I also gek sim lor... I reminded him that he agreed to only go for two hours. He had alot of other things to study as well...

And then because I was so fed up, I told him that I am totally disappointed with his behaviour... "Did you know these few days everyone showing off what presents their children bought or made them for Mother's Day... my son's present... after I wake early to help him with this and that.. after I despite not feeling well try my best to help him with his work... is a big tantrum over something he agreed to previously..."

"I also got present for you lor!" He said.. and ran off...

After a while, he came back with these two things he made...


 Love the card.... but not so impressed with the spelling:) wahahahaha... This gives you insight to how "GOOD" Ace's Chinese is:) wahahaha...


 It actually even smells nice cos he pasted this pinkish thing... guess wat is it.. i tot is glue tat smells nice but I was wrong... it is hand sanitizer...

 He also made a minion puppet.. that you can put your finger in..

 Like this...


 When I flipped over there is this slit there and I asked why there is a slit there... he said it is to put in a stick if you have one...

The heart he made during chinese class... Thanks, Mr X for reminding them!!!

The other one he made on his own..

A few days later, we walked past a shop selling those velcro bows you can "paste" on your hair and not leave a kink in it. He saw that it was $1 and said he will buy one for me as a mothers' day present.. and so he chose a sparkly heart one for me...



Feels so warm and happy when I put it on my hair.. Thank you very much Ace!

Alas, I think my best present is that he will grow up to be a  healthy, successful and useful person who can contribute to the world.

Previous Post: You Bully Me/ 太欺负人了

No comments: