Tuesday, April 07, 2015

When The Son Goes Malacca, The Parents Go Out And Play

And so.. we last talked about Ace not being able to find someone who wants to partner him... and then.. the teacher announced that they will be assigned room mates... And so, Ace chanted and chanted... for a good room mate...

And they were grouped 3 in a room... and he got assigned to his "favorite" boy in class... K, whom he totally dislikes. He says K is the naughtiest boy in his class and the only boy who can make his P3 teacher "hian toh" (flip the table).

"Chanting doesn't work, mummy.." Ace declared the moment he got home... And he told me he got assigned to be same room as K and another friend of his.

"I chanted so hard not to be in same room as K but I still got assigned to him..." Ace complained.

"Well, if you chanted hard and still got him as a room mate, must mean there is something good going on here.. maybe gohonzon wants to give you a chance to get to know him better.." I told him.

And my son, upon knowing that he is roomie with K, thinks that he will surely create trouble... went to 放话 to other people lor.. tsk tsk tsk.. like gangster like tat... He went to tell K that if he dares to create trouble for him during the trip, he will be so dead...

I told him it is not right to talk like that and threaten people since he doesnt like to be threatened too... Anyway, when I asked Ace what K did when Ace said that.. K just smiled at him lor.. someone who reacts this way to a threat cant be too bad.. should be quite a jovial relac fellow I think... Just tat maybe he creates trouble in school cos he is not given enough attention at home..

Interestingly, the next day, he came home and told me, "I think K is not so bad after all..today I had a chat with him.. he also likes to play games like me... he says he will bring his phone and he has this game I like and he will let me play...." 人是现实的lor.. now got game to play say pple not so bad.

"Anyway, the teacher said that she will give us her room number and so if K gets into any trouble, we should call her immediately.." Ace said.

I told him that if she says that... likely she arranged this way to put K with whom he thinks are good students that can have positive influence on K... Student leaders who can shine in this situation.

In my heart though, I wondered if she also chose Ace to be his roomie because she knows Ace is Mr Bao Toh Kiah... sure will keep an eye on him and tell on him if anything happens:) wahahahaha...

Anyway, Ace is still excited to be away and with his friends for one night lah...

That is him at 5.30am in the morning!:)


He is so excited to go on the trip but dad is just groggy still but dragged out to send Ace to school:)

And... after he has left on the bus, it means OUR HOLIDAY has started!

A night without Ace! How exciting!!!! :) 

We went back to bed and zzz a little... and woke later.. for a surprise date...

Guess where did Max take me out for a date?:) Can you tell from this picture?

It is Hyatt!:) It seems that Hyatt always has these indoor water themes in their hotel.. Hyatt Dubai where we frequent for sushi also has very nice indoor garden:)

Anyway, Max brought me here for some high tea buffet... it comes with free flow champagne option too... I opted not to have alchohol and Max opted for the alchohol one:)

Since we were waiting for our drink.. time to camwhore:)


Someone always has to show off his watch when he takes pictures lor...


I wish they served sashimi and nothing more than tat:)

Comes with a high tea set... Actually the food is not bad but Max din tell me got this set so by time it came.. i was so so full:) The curry puff is very very good.. the rest.. just ok onli.. and can refill too:)

Someone was so drunk tat when he ate this macaroon, he thought it is strawberry flavor. He looked so surprise when I commented that this is his favorite, BANDUNG flavor!!!!!

Very nice ice cream.. looks nice but tasted ok onli...

You know ho drunk he is when he starts to try to drink the sugar syrup for my drink... Best part is.. 5 min later, when I showed him this picture, he asked me when did i take this picture.. how come he didnt know... hello, very obvious that he posed for this right????

After we finished the buffet, we went to walk around in Orchard lah.. wah lau, someone made me so malu when he danced in the middle of the crowded underpass...

Since we were in Orchard, we also went over to collect my wallet that I sent for repair..somehow, while we were having tea, he decided to make my wallet his MAN PURSE!


Then time to leave.. so one more pic at the hotel... This time round with nice lighting to give a different "feel"...

Next, we headed to this place with LIVE band.. and they sing Chinese songs too.. We tried to jio more pple to join us.. end up only two pax said they are free to come..

When we were seated, I was so intrigued by this ice cream like beer that I saw...

This table of girls ordered a whole table of them in different flavours..

So I ordered lychee flavoured one.... So cute right.. like ice cream or root beer float... But hor, I did not realize then tat actually we already tried this before in Dubai!

Once when we went to SUSHI to eat, the waitress suggested that we order this.. But it din look so cute and they did not give us so much "foam". This packaging and marketing makes this so much more interesting...

Boh liao selfie..


Our friends said not to order too much food and alchohol but Max went ahead and order lots of wine anyway.. sigh.. this man hor, dunno how to self control one.. know want to drink at night, day time shouldnt do the buffet with free flow champagne right.. if want to do free flow champagne, then night time dun drink lah.. so difficult to follow this logic meh??

So Mr I-Am-Not-Drunk-Wat reached home and fainted on bed.. totally concussed... yeah, right.. not drunk..

Anyway, the next day Ace came home and I asked him how was his trip. He said it was great!

In the end, he got to play big brother to K... wahahaha.. turns out that K does not like to bath. So Ace and the other roommate H had to , in Ace's words, "Keep motivating him to go and bath.."

I asked him how he did that. He said they quickly went to bath.. and then they will keep telling him.. go and bath now lah.. then you can play... go and bath now lah... then we can play.. go and bath now lah...

And K slowly inched into the bathroom. In the end, he went in and bathed with water, no soap.. and did not wash his hair... Wahahahaa.. I laughed when I heard this because I told Ace now he understands how I feel when I have to keep nagging him to do something:)

And then leh, because they anticipated that they will take a long time to ask him to bath and they do not want to be late the next day as they need to be downstairs having breakfast at 6 plus, the two boys set alarm to wake at 5.30am and bath first so that K has all the time in the world to dilly dally...

Interesting thing is leh, Ace said his room slept quite early... the others in other rooms were busy playing and even sent people to 把风at the door and so they played and played and all went to bed very late..

Good to know he is disciplined when we are not around lah.

Actually I think I should give me and Max a pat on the back also... Cos even though the teachers say they will give us updates and we did not receive any, we did not get too overtly worried:) haha:) No news is good news mah:)

The most important thing is that Ace says he enjoyed the trip very much. But when asked about which is his favorite part of the trip, he says it is SLEEPING IN THE HOTEL! Wahahahaah... so much so for cultural exposure!:)

Previous Post: I Am A Star Mother!

No comments: