Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Will Make This Singaporean Happy


At Ace's request, I decided that I will at least bring him to pay his last respects to Mr Lee at the community tribute event they have in Bedok and try and see if I can bring him to Parliament House later.. given that the queue is soooooo long.

When I went up and stood before Ah Gong's picture, I could not help it and tears just flowed out of my eyes. 真的好舍不得.... But I told Ah Gong to rest in peace and promised to do more for our country...

After we walked off stage, Ace tried to console me... "Don't cry already lah... people will die one.. it is a fact of life... Every body will die... you will die, I will die, everyone will die... "

Wah, that is very familiar lor... Sounds like what I told him when he he started crying when he thought about me dying...

"I am just sad lah... ok.." I replied.

"You cannot be sad.. wait Lee Kwan Yew wants to get up from his grave because he says... I must make this Singaporean happy!" Ace said with a touch of drama.

"Huh.. what do you mean.." I asked him..

"Because hor, Mr Lee is all about Singaporeans and our happiness first mah.. " Ace explained..

Haha.. good joke son.. ;) I must say it cheered me up immensely...

Anyway, today, Ace told me that they got to make a condolence card for Mr Lee and he made a card which had a great big Singapore flag in the middle with the words, "Thank you, Lee Kuan Yew for making Singapore such a wonderful place to live in.".

"Then I decorated with alot of colourful patterns and designs all around." he added.

Yes, thank you sir:)

Previous Post: Thank You, Mr Lee Kwan Yew

No comments: