Wednesday, January 14, 2015

You Only Hugged Me 3 Times!


Usually early in the morning, before Max goes to work, we will chat a little.

Today, he asked me if I noticed that Ace was a little out of sorts yesterday.

"No leh.. yesterday ah? Yesterday was the day where I nagged him the whole day.. so maybe he is upset about that lor.." He had ting xie the next day and had some homework to do. And need to practice guitar.. But still, he dilly and dally.. so I nagged nagged nagged....

"No, I went to talk to him before his bedtime and he told me that he is unhappy because he keeps getting scolded in school... but he says things are better now but he still gets scolded.... And he complained how P4 work is very difficult... He even said he felt like killing himself and dying...  I don't understand why teachers here like to scold children all the time..."

"Wah, got so serious or not?" I asked Max. But knowing Ace is a drama king, I also discounted a little lah.. I told max things are different here lah.... even in Dubai, there were teachers who kept scolding children all the time too. Too bad our son is that type of like to do what he likes and have little situational awareness one.. of cos will kenna scolding lor :) Only thing we can do is pray he has humanistic teachers who understand him and will work with what he has and educate him well.

Anyway, I told Max I will follow up and talk to Ace about that.

So today, while we were walking home after guitar lesson, I told him his dad told me what they discussed before bedtime.. I asked him for more details.

So he said he was scolded but things are getting better now... so that he can handle. He was really really upset yesterday because me and his dad can relax there and watch video together while he had to continue to study..

And then I reminded him that we finished our work. He did not finish his work mah.. and i early early ask him to do liao.. and then he ownself dilly dally...

"Ah. see see.. scold me again..."

I told him I am not scolding him. I am just explaining why the thing he was complaining about happened.

And he told me he was really upset.. so upset he felt that he should just kill himself.

But i told him this is really a very small problem and not worth getting killed over..

And then leh, I asked him why he was so bothered about that.. then he zoomed in on the REAL PROBLEM...

"Do you know, mummy... yesterday, you only hugged me 3 times! Only 3 times!!!!"

Wahahahaahhaah... tat really surprised me:)

I told Ace, "I hear what you are saying and will try to hug you more 0kay.. BUT also please do not downplay what I have done for you leh... You know I hugged you three times. you go and ask around in your school.. how many mothers hug their children three times or more a day? Also, every morning I will hug you till you wake..you so lucky to be woken up by hugs leh.. still complain. If you want to complain about this and do not appreciate what I have already given you.. then hor, no matter what I do or give you, you also will think it is not enough."

So I made it a point to hug him a little more today lah..

He is indeed a HUGGY KISSY MONSTER!:)

Anyway, Ace told me today that he has been made math monitor. I asked him how they were chosen, he said you volunteered and a few people volunteered and the teacher chose him.

I asked him why the teacher chose him and he said he did not know...

I asked if they choose based on results or behaviour...

"Math monitor hor.. has to make sure everyone cannot talk.. if people talk, he will get into trouble.."

"Or maybe.. Mr H chose you because you are the most talkative?" I teased him.. and he gave me dagger stares.. wahahaha:)

Anyway, Ace is mighty happy that he is monitor. But all for the wrong reasons.. he says being a monitor gives him more power. He can now baotoh more people and tell the teacher if anyone bullies him. Because he is math monitor, the teacher will listen to him. Sigh.. I think I police him too much till he likes to police other pple..


PS: I really did make an effort to hug him more and so next day morning, I asked him if i hugged him enough.. "Yeah, hug enough.. but you havent made up for the day before yesterday and the day before before yesterday.." he said with a cheeky grin.. Humtum him then he know ah.. cheeky boy. hahaa:)

Previous Post:Mont Blanc Pen

No comments: