Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Bad Week In School

Chase the blues away with some colorful ice creams!:) hehe.. Special treat from Godma Annie for Ace.


Since Max was out, me and Ace decided we will go out for dinner together..

During dinner we were chatting and Ace told me that he had a bad week in school.

"Mummy, last time you told me that i have good luck and meet good teachers.. but this year, my luck ran out liao.. all my teachers all the told old type and all very fierce one.."

I told him older teachers are more experienced and sometimes, the older teachers are more  caring and patient.

"But they are so fierce leh.." Ace continued his complaints with gutso.

"You know hor mummy.. whisper in class will kenna scolding... pass notes to each other.. also kenna.."

"Erm.. Ace, those are things you are NOT supposed to do during lesson time leh.." I reminded him... I think he must be too spoilt by the easy going teachers in Dubai.

"But.. but.. even SHAKE LEG ALSO KENNA!" he exclaimed!

Wahahahahaha... The extra funny thing is I also kenna from my teacher when I was in pri school for things like shaking leg, resting my chin on my palm, crossing my leg the wrong way :) So I totally understand wat he means... haha

But I explained to him that different country and different teachers, different culture lah. Anyway, sometimes, we do not know if a teacher is good or not till a few months later...

I shared with him the story of how when i started JC1, when I first saw my civics tutor, I was like..SIAN.. why she never smile one.. the teacher next class so smiley and happy face...

But few months down the road I learnt to appreciate my teacher cos behind her cool exterior is a really kind and caring heart. Whereas for that smiley teacher, it turned out that her nickname is called XIAO LI CANG DAO.. go figure:)

And then Ace went on to complain that his teachers, especially the math teacher speaks very broken english... I told him sometimes some older teachers may not be well versed in language and that is why they speak broken english...

The good news though.. is that a few days later, Ace said he realized that the math teacher he had was actually just a temporary teacher and that his real teacher for math classes is Mr H who is younger and alot more fun. He tells them jokes and also told them if they collect 5 stars for good work, they get a prize... Just that Mr H is also very fierce.

I told him not bad mah.. he has Mr H for math, and then his Chinese teacher is still Mr X who is also very funny and strict. His form teacher is not too bad so far as well ;) So I guess he is STILL lucky and still got to meet GREAT teachers.

Anyway, Ace came home with Mr X's number and I added it to my phone. The other day, I decided to message Mr X and ask him what I could do to help Ace improve since he was Ace's Chinese teacher last year too.

Mr X says that Ace picks up rather fast but still has some problems expressing himself fully in mandarin, so he advised me not to get Ace started on assessment books first and just work on more exposure like letting him watch chinese drama, read chinese books etc.

Looks like Ace's week isn't all that bad after all ;)

Previous Post: Blur Sotong Ace

No comments: