Monday, December 08, 2014

You Are Very Earthy...


Every once in a while, Ace's gift of humour will creep in and he will crack some funny (and sometimes lame) jokes...

We live near a vegeterian stall called Ji Ling and for the past month or so, the kopitiam the stall is in was closed for renovation and they just reopened again recently.

So today, when we were contemplating where to go for dinner, Max suggested that we go to Ji Ling lor.

"What are you eating for dinner mummy?" Ace asked, with a gleam in his eye..

I was wondering why he is asking when his dad just said we going Ji Ling like 5 minutes ago when he was around.. not catching that his question was out-of-ordinarily referring to what "I" was having for dinner..

"Ji Ling lor..." I replied..

"What are you eating again?" Ace asked again..

"Ji ling lor..." I replied...

To which my good son replied, "Eating Ji leng huh mummy.. you are really earthy..."

And then he giggled...

I only got the joke 3 seconds later when Max explained to me...

He said I was eating JI LENG.. LIZARD...

hahahaha..

Speaking of a sense of humour, I told Ace the other day that I will like to share with him something that I like very much.. called Cross Talk. I explained to him it is like a talk show and he will like it becos it has lots of jokes... and last time his chinese is not so good so  did not think it is the right time to share with him as I feel he might not understand.. now that his chinese has improved, I feel it is time to share with him.

So I tried to share a joke I heard in one of the cross talk shows.. you know.. it is the one about this teacher who has bad pronounciation and he gives a talk to his students and tells them how much he loves them because "你们蠢的象白痴“ when he actually means ”你们纯的像白纸"

Ace was so tickled by that and kept asking me to repeat an repeat and repeat THE SAME JOKE. Haha..

I am quite determined to find old clips of MA JI and ZHAO YAN to watch together with him :)

We also played a game where you had to say a phrase and link by saying another phrase using one of the words from the previous phrase and I found that his vocabulary after 6 months of learning chinese in sgp has really improved:) Hehehe..

Anyway, if you guys have any link of good XIANG SHENG clips, pls send to me!!:)


Previous Post: I Almost Died


No comments: