Saturday, December 13, 2014

Vision Workshop

About a year ago, I head from some of my friends that they attended a workshop hosted by my good friend Chiching.

Chiching is a nun who also owns a very successful business... who is also a millionaire and she is one of the most carefree and abundant person I know... we always say her GIFT or TALENT is that she just needs to walk around and she will manifest for the best things to happen:)

The workshop she was conducting was one about how to draw up your vision board so that it will come true.

As the year progressed, it seems that most of what people have put on their vision board came true. Someone pasted a picture she liked and found out she won a lucky draw and the prize was a free tour. The tour location was the picture she pasted!:)

I was excited and happy to know that I can attend this time round since I am in Singapore and was trying to get some kakis to go with me. While I was sharing about the workshop with a friend, Ace overheard and told me,  "Mummy, I want to go! Then I will paste my ipad and hope you buy for me!"

And so I thought maybe I should bring him along. It will be a good start to a new year for Ace too.

Because T and O are moving on to a new phase in their lives as well, I thought it will be cool for Ace to have some company and thus I asked if their mum will like to send them to the course as well. After some ding dong, their mum decided to come along with them too. This was going to be great workshop! ;)

The workshop divided us into groups and Ace was in a different group from me but his group leader was someone he was familiar with so I was not too worried.

But during the workshop, I saw a side of Ace where I have never seen before....

He was super enthu during the workshop and kept raising his hands to give comments. Most of the times, his comments are funny too.

Eg, they explained the workshop will be in Chinese and the MC asked Ace if he will  be ok with a chinese workshop as  she knew Ace was not so strong in the language. Ace's reply was, "This is not a chinese workshop.. it is a healing workshop.."

Cos  I told him it is a healing workshop before we went.. wahahaha:) Ace thinks of a chinese workshop as something like a chinese lesson.

Then later when they used a chim chinese word, someone tried to translate for him and he said, "我的华文没有这样差lor..." with a pout.. wahahaha..

I must say most of his funny replies are actually matter of fact honest replies like a breath of fresh air.. But sometimes it can also be too honest:) wahahaha..

After we picked buddies, Ace picked a buddy who is a few years my senior, and so when Chiching asked Ace how he will like to address his buddy and whether he wants to adddress her as JIE JIE or AUNTY... Ace said immediately with a straight face, "阿姨....因为她很老..." I dunno whether to laugh or cry...

Then yet another time Chiching mentioned in class she was so happy to have the three young people in class and said they are 小家伙. Ace immediately raised his hand and pouted and said, 我不是小家伙。我不喜欢你叫我小家伙。“ And he was asked what he prefered to be called and change and changed and finally settled on wanting chiching to call him IRON MAN.

Then one of the exercise called for them to share with their buddy a secret about themselves. The teacher said it could be something bad they have done in the past and then Ace immediately raised his han and pointed to his best friend K gor gor... "我承认我曾经打过警察。“ cos K is a policeman and their favourite game is wrestling.

Ace  was in his "element" and had the whole class in laughing fits lor! Wahahaha

Also, during class, someone accidentally shared something he shared about how he liked T to the whole class and he was so upset that he started crying. After that he got angry at that person and refused to do any of the exercises. He jit tao took out a book and sit in the middle of the room and started to read while everyone else is doing their exercise... FAINT.. I decided to let him be lah..

But leh, After he finished reading, he decided he is friends with that person again and also cos the exercise we were doing was difficult for some of us and someone asked if he will like to support his teammates and friends.. just need to put his hand on their back and send love and he was ready to support and join in again just like tat:)

Then hor, he also keep raising his hand and say want to go toilet in the middle of the lesson. Maybe it is too long and the breaks are too far apart for him.. but I really wonder if Ace behaved like tat in school and I asked Ace is he was like tat in school as well... his reply?

"No lah, if I am like tat in school, I will long be dead!" so i reminded him to also please be respectful and to consider other's feelings when he is dong his own thing in class. It is jolly very well to be funny but dun disturb the class like read in the middle of the room.. I also reminded him that not all teachers are so loving like chiching and have the heart or the thinking that she will show love by letting him do watever he likes.

But I do think he must feel really safe to be able to express himself freely and work on his own emotions. I just pray that he will get a modern and forward thinking teacher when he goes to P4 as I feel his behavior in school can't really be very much different. They will likely be more tolerant and understanding i feel..

Ace also super funny lor.. we supposed to share with our buddies about our year right.. and then his bddy shared about something very personal with him.. immediately after lesson, he came to tell me and I had to stop him mid sentence and remind him tht we had a confidentiality agreement... But to my surprise, he told me he already asked his buddy for permission to share.. he said he heard what she said and asked her, "Can I share with my mummy and daddy?" And she said yes.. tat is why he shared.. PENGZ!

Then during the group sharing, he kept asking his buddy uncomfortable questions and so the group leader said to Ace, "Ace, can you  stop asking these questions.. can you see XX is feeling uncomfortable?" And my son retorted, "I am trying to help her mah... when I ask her these questions.. she can start feeling the emotions that she has and then she can do healing when she feels her emotions... "  His whole group was so impressed with his "wise words" which I guess I can claim some credit for doing a great parenting job:) wahahaha...

I am a little disappointed that Ace did not join in for all the exercises and that he did not really do all the required sharings and seemed not as open as I thought he is... Ace told me that when it was turn for him to share, he kept asking his buddy more questions about what she shared. Perhaps it was not a conscious decision.. but well, hope he will be braver and more mature to appreciate more next year:)

Here are some photos we took at the workshop..



 Our lovely classmates:)

 Aunty L who makes fabulous cakes says she wants to take photo with Ace cos Ace behave exactly like her grandson:) wahahaha:)

 S Jie Jie who wanted to take photo with Ace because.. "HE IS SO HANDSOME!!!" Hahaha...
 My "homework" for this year..




Ace's homework for the year...

 Ace and some members of his family group :)
 My POV sisters:)

 Ace and Stef jie jie... before taking this photo.. Ace actually asked around and shoutedout... "Who wants to take photos with KENNY from SOUTHPARK?" after someone told him is orange hoodie makes him look like kenny...

 My family group and our vision boards....

 Ace's family group and their vision boards...

 Ace says his favourite part of the workshop is making the vision boards:)




 
Making vision board is tiring work.. so we went to have KOREAN DINNER and Burger King fries afterwards:) wahahahaha.. chicing says the workshop is super fantastic becos of these three "kids" cos they brought in so much wholeheartedness.

Summary of what we have learnt...
  1. Listing your achievements in the past year
  2. Letting go and moving past all the good and bad things
  3. Clearing the obstacles in our minds that might prevent our vision boards from coming true. 
  4. Making use of our creative minds to make vision boards
  5. Blessing each other's vision boards with a "HONG4" which chiching says is an aboriginal word tat means completion and a certain fullness.
PS: Some of Ace's dreams came through in the next week and so he says this workshop is absolutely amazing and that all the dreams tat he pasted or did not paste all came true even before 2015 started. "I want to sign up now and go again next year!!!"

As for me, I am really really glad that I asked my friend to bring her kids along. Cos I saw that after they opened their hearts and completed the workshop, they looks happier and more confident :) I am sure the year ahead will be very good for them! ;)

Previous Post:Ace Does Volunteer Work: Visit to S.E.A Aquarium With Some Senior Citizens

No comments: