Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gardens By The Bay - Part 2 Cloud Dome

After we rested enough, we decided to move on to the Cloud Dome. When we went in, we were rather surprised by the mist and how cold it was..

My mum started nagging at my dad for not wearing his long pants.. But I think my dad ALSO regretted not wearing but has to act cool and kept saying he is not cold at all:) wahahaha..




Sine we are in a different environment, I was expecting to see different types of flowers...



Ace says he likes the Cloud Dome very much because of all the mist and wants to go back again:)






There are so many plants that makes up the foilage of the artificial "cliff"...

There is also little bit of decoration like what we saw in Miracle Garden in Dubai..

Thought these mushrooms look quite cute...

This orchid looks like a fake flower!




The most interesting part for Ace I think is the fact that he gets to see the Pitcher Plant up close and personal:)







Pitcher plants galore!



Noticed this cute boy with a cute hairstyle:)


I love the pattern in these ferns..

View of MBS from inside the dome..


Max doing his favourite thing- taking picture of flowers:) wahahahaha





Saw these heart shaped flowers.. sweet!:)






At the waterfall.. Ace reading up about the waterfall....


As we were walking, I noticed that my dad really walked rather slowly. In the years that we were in Dubai, I think both set of parents got older and slower... I am really thankful that we have a chance to be back beside them again... I slowed down to walk with my dad and take photos.

I wish my son will also slow down to walk with one of his grandparents.. i tried to ask him to do that and to explain why but he will wander off on his own after a while.. Sigh.. I think need more training!:)

Anyway, somewhere along this point, I realized I keep smelling a smelly smell and wonder if it is the fertilizer they used.. in the end found out it is cos C pooped in his diapers!:) Wahahahahaa... but no toilet wor.. so have to walk all the way back to the bottom to find toilet to change out of it..


There is a segment where they show all the crystals in caves. I wonder where they got these samples from and how many thousand years it took to form them..




By the side, there were some purple crystals. I know they represent wealth or something.. Ace noticed that there were some coins inside and so I guess there were some people who throw coins in to make wishes..

Ace touching the crystal to get a feel of it..






while most of us walked on the hard black portion.. C was happily trouncing along the wire mesh portion... When Ace was this age, he will NEVER walk happily along the wire mesh area.. he will likely ask us to carry him or will be crawling as long as the "floor" he is walking on is see through or has "holes"...






When we are done, we walked back into the shop again and saw many pitcher plant items for sale.. Ace was tempted to buy.. heng in the end he did not buy lor.. no space liao:)






Then we walked to the "garden" area which was supposedly decorated with Christmas Theme...


Erm... nothing fantastic lor.

I think I prefer the Dubai Light Festival:) I can't believe there is something I think that is better in Dubai as compared to Singapore!:)



Actually i find the trees are nothing much. We decided to give the skywalk a miss cos unknowingly, we have been walking around for 3.5 hours...

I asked my dad if he is ok.. he said, "Now ok.. tomorrow I dunno.. my legs are aching now..."




Goodbye, Gardens By the Bay...









Then we went to have dinner and head home... :)

It was a great day and really fun too:)

Previous Post: Gardens By The Bay - Part 1 Flower Dome

No comments: