Sunday, November 09, 2014

Playing With Toddler Toys

Years ago....when Max used to attend POV workshops with me, we once had this exercise where we could select a card that told us what our gifts were.

I was the gift of abundance... which i know Ace for sure inherited.. all his life, he has been blessed by good, kind, generous souls who will get him what he wanted or needed... starting from his birth (we won a hospital stay in Gleneagles and my room was like a hotel room... and then we were given bed, prams and major items needed during baby full month..)

Max leh, picked the card for innocence and he will always put his two palms beside his face and act cute and remind us that he is the gift of innocence..

Ace apparently also inherited this gift.. but tends to express it in a different way :)


His way is to enjoy playing.. even with toddlers and their toys!:) wahahahaha...

Cayden had this new set of cooking stuff that his parents bought for him and when combined with the cooking set that Ace originally had at Popo's house, it became a substantial cooking set... so the two boys started to play cooking together...


That is max doing the "OMG.. 9 year old playing 2 year old's toys" look.. hahahaha




But me and Max kept getting food from the boys lah:) hahahaha.. heng is not real food if not sure will be very fat:) wahahaha...

PS: After a few years of hiatus, I finally got to attend POV workshop again and with a dear old friend of mine, no less too:) Workshop with my good old friend, Chuck Spezzano meant laughing from first day to the last day of workshop and working through tough challenges in my life with ease :) Chuck is a riot and when I looked at the things he did.. he actually reminded me of Ace!:) I realize that sometimes the things that Ace do is because he is an innocent kid but in my desire for an easier life and my growing expectation as he grows, I start to get upset at some of these shows of innocence...

mental note to self to appreciate his gift and to enjoy his childhood with him while it lasts:)

PS: MY friend whose son is 3 years younger than Ace says her son also likes to play with toddler toys. Maybe kids are like tat lor:) hahahaha :)

Previous Post:Table Soccer

No comments: