Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Our House Is An Insect Cemetry

Ever since we shifted this new place, I have had a new awareness...

I have always known that if you want to live next to nature (eg, next to a park or have a garden), it means you will have to accept that many little bugs will come and visit you..

We live next to a place with an open area like a park and there is some sort of construction going on as well. But hor, as we live in a high floor, I was expecting that the bugs will be unable to climb or fly so high...

I was so wrong!

It started with me noticing that whenever I go out and come home.. or sometimes when i am cleaning the house in the morning, there will be dead carcesses of insects lying around on the floor... and I wondered why.

And then I started noticing there is a lizard family who will come visit us. In fact, once, a silly cockroach flew in... and my house so big right.. it did not fly left, did not fly right.. it flew straight towards my shoe rack! I was thinking "siao liao lah.. I dun want to wear shoe and find a cockroach inside man!"

But just as it flew inside, I heard a sound of something rustling against something.

"Mummy! The lizard ate the cockroach!!" Ace exclaimed!

I crouched down and looked into the direction that Ace was pointing at... true enough, the cockroach was sitting between the jaws of the lizard! It was like the cockroach was looking to die and flew straight into the jaws of death!

So I had a first hypothesis. Maybe lizards attract insects. Or it is the other way round. The bugs can fly so high and so as there are many bugs, there are many lizards and the lizards in my house are sloppy eaters.. that is why so many dead bugs around...

Then some time later, one fine day, out of nowhere, three bugs flew into my house. They were two bees and one dragonfly... and they were flying round and round the lights in my living room. They looked like they are flying haphazardly and dizzy from flying in circles and kept flying around my living room light...

They will rest on the lights in my room.. and then fly around in circles... this went on for about 10 minutes and one of the bees decided to fly out and take off...

After another 10 minutes, the other bee flew out into the balcony and RIP there... 

The dragonfly, that is one feisty fighter for life! He flew around.. and then he lay down on the floor and stopped moving. We thought he is dead and in a while, he started to flap his wings and moved himself from the living room area to the dining area.. to my shoe rack... and so he stopped moving for a good 5 minutes.

I was quite sure he was dead since he stopped moving for so long. But I WAS WRONG!

He started flapping his wings again and moved to the front of my altar... and then stopped moving again. Everytime we thought he was a confirmed goner, he surprised us by moving and flapping his wings again!  This went on at least another 4, 5 times!

And then once when he was active, Max chased him out into the balcony and closed the door so that he cannot fly in again.


So he found a new place to cling onto... Ace's school uniform!


But after 10 min.. it dropped onto the floor and lay there.. flapping it wings still every now and then... and then.. we went to bed... and the next morning when I woke, IT WAS GONE!

I was really happy to know that it managed to revive itself and fly off elsewhere.

But leh, I brought in the washing, went out and came home... only to find that the dragonfly came back and it was lying on the floor of my balcony.I was pretty sure it was not there when I left the house!


And yet again, Max called and as I was telling him this story and saying how I think it is finally, truly dead.. it started to fly around a little bit again! Albiet a little weakly...


But it was the last struggle to live i think cos after that, it stopped moving for a good 4 hours before I told Max to please remove it from the balcony...


When it died, it looked like it was praying...

Because of the way the bees and dragonfly were circling around the living room lights.. I started to have another hypothesis.. maybe bugs will know when they are about to die.. and so they will "fly towards the light" and move towards the light... and maybe the light looked like it comes from up there.. so they will fly upwards...

I told a friend about this and she asked if it is possible that is bad energy in my house or dirty things in my house. But leh, I have altar in my house.. and I am also rather sensitive to energy.. so are Ace and Max.. So I dun think that is it...

I actually think the energy in this house is very good and peaceful... so I came up with my third hypothesis.. maybe.. just maybe.. insects know when they are going to die... and they want to find a nice, good place to die... and they are sensitive to energy too... or maybe they know I always send them a blessing and chant for them as I pick up their bodies and throw them into the dustbin.. so leh, they choose to come to my house to die...

Maybe my house seemed like a gateway to heaven of sorts..:) haha..

And that is the story of how my house became an insect cemetery... Ok, I guess I will stick to gateway to heaven...


Previous Post:YN80 Carnival

No comments: