Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chao Fan Chao Mian

It was C's birthday...

Some time back, Ah Yee told us that C was very happy to play with this cleaning set at a friend's house and so we decided to also buy him a cleaning set for him to play...

After C opened his present though, Ace asked if he could play together with him...

They started out "cleaning" the house...

But somewhere along the line, the cleaning set turned into a cooking set!

Ace took out C's favorite stools.. stacked them together, put "food" in and used the broom and mops to "Chao fan! Chao Fan! Chao Mian Chao Mian!"

Because C was in the age where he monkey see and monkey do.. he was happy to join in and fry food together with gor gor..



Hahaha.. so creative hor:)

Anyway, talking about food, here are some of the things I whipped out from my kitchen recently..

 Missed my baked brocolli spaghetti.. so I did it again :) But this time I was lazy.. so i just "baked" my brocolli using my happy call pan. But still nice.. just tat lack a little bit of the chao dar smell when you bake:)
 Max asked me to try a caborrana spaghetti recipe the other day. I thought can try by using this idea I saw online where you poke spaghetti into the hot dog and cook... Made some for Ace and he loves it and said I should have made this during halloween because it looks like monster:) As for the caborrana sauce though... was not really successful since i did not use bacon and it lacks the bacon smell...

I have always liked those teriyaki kastudon type of dish... I saw a recipe online and it looked fairly easy and so I decided to give it a try. I made it for lunch and Ace liked it so much he begged me to please make again for dinner and I did.. Max liked it too;) hehehe... Think we will make this pretty often in the future.. It will be perfect if we can find those vegeterian chicken fillet:)

Previous Post: Play Date!


No comments: