Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I Am A Singaporean!


Ace complained to me the other day that many of his school mates thought he is not Singaporean.

"They all think I am from China and some even think I am from Dubai..."

Max laughed when he heard that because he says, "Are there students from China who who can barely speak Chinese like you?" Haha..

But Ace was determined not to be distracted and continue on with this complaint.

"Tsk... dunno why they keep saying I am from another country.." he continued.

I asked him what did he do or say when people think he is from another country.

"I tell them I am singaporean lah.. and then I tell them I got proof! Because all the students from other countries have to pay cash when they go on trips. But I am Singaporean, so the government gives me money. I have that $200 that the government gives me and so I dun need to bring money to pay cash... And therefore, I MUST BE SINGAPOREAN!"

Wahahahahahaa... That is hilarious! I never thought he would use edusave as an example:) But he is right also lah :)

After a few years overseas, I think my son has a slightly different view about what it means to be Singaporean and also, somehow, it seems to make his love for Singapore bigger as well.

I think it has to do with the fact too... that his international school will always tell them how important it is to be respectful to the people and govt in Dubai because as a host country, they have been taking good care of us while we are there.

Previous Post: The Most Relaxed Student Ever!

No comments: