Saturday, October 25, 2014

Food From My New Kitchen

 

Ace says I should name this post ACE THE FOODIE and showcase it as all the delicious foods he has eaten.. hahahaha :)

But leh, this is more about MY cooking leh:)

After we shifted, it took me a while to get started cooking in the kitchen again... For one, the kitchen seemed to be designed by someone who doesnt cook.. or is designed for a family that only cooks instant noodles. There is almost no working space in the kitchen and the way everything is placed makes cooking rather difficult even though the kitchen is very small..

Plus, shortly after we shifted in, I started my detox.. so as a result.. till now, havent really done much:) hehehe.. But first out of my kitchen was a fried noodles..

Really hor.. so long never cook.. suddenly start cooking, the food not so good.. cos I forgot how much of what to put.. and also needed time to get to know the things I have on hand..  :)

 Next one out of the kitchen was chicken rice:) Ace says is very yummy...


Long time never do japanese pizza liao :) Forgot the timing and came out a tad chao dar:) hahaha...

 Wanted to do the brinhal fried with toufu we eat in the day I call I LOVE LKF day.. but end up I dun have the ingredients needed to do it. I wonder how I can contact dai gor and ask him to teach me!:) hahaha

 Too long never cook this.. so too watery.. three egg brocolli.. that turned out to be two egg because I dun have salted duck egg:)

 Been aiming at this cartoon cake maker thingy I saw my friend post online since ages ago.. but cannot find it and did not know how to procure things from taobao.. and now, finally can find it in singapore.. Ace was sort of excited when i made my first batch  of it.. but leh, he says it is not very sweet.. maybe next batch I will try to put things inside...

 In the mood to be boh liao.. made a halloween surprise out of Ace's favourite inari for his lunch the other day. Did the extra egg because I think maybe he will still be hungry after the inari.. and also because I had left over sauce from the inari skin which I thought dun waste.. put into the egg:) hahaha

 Did fried race and corn soup the other day as I had a good corn in my fridge... but I think next time I do may need to strain lah. Cos can taste the kernals... but still quite shiok to drink corn soup  ;) Cos I was trying to drink soup for dinner and drink my 5 bean soup and my celery soup everyday till I dam sian already ;)


 I read somewhere you can make these instant noodle jars and keep in fridge and just pour in hot water when you want to eat..

 So i tried lor.. Erm.. actually hor, nothing to shout about according to max and Ace. I think I will just cook lah :) hahahaha

Told Ace that I loved Samurai burger and now that they have egg in the burger, I decided I will share my love for Samurai burger with him.. I ask them to pack the meat separate (so i can eat) so his burger only got egg and veggies. He eat liao.. fell in love with it and kept asking for it...

But Mac Donald Samurai burger is VERY expensive lor.. and it happened so that someone posted recipe from some teriyaki sauced thingy on a food group i follow in Facebook.

When I looked at the recipe, I realized that the sauce hor.. is very easy to make.. just teriyaki sauce + mirin onli! So I decided to make my own at home for Ace. It was a hit and he has been eating this pretty often since then :)

Slurp slurp.. I no longer need to wait for Mac D to have the burger to eat it!:) I also tried to make a with patty version for Max but leh, I din have enough ingredients and also did not know how much of wat to add for single serving (cos usually I make double serving). It tasted ok but I think can be improved.

Max complains tat my cooking in Singapore seems to have deteriorated. I have gone back to doing veggie fried veggie type of cooking.. which I love.. and he hates:) wahahaha...  Max likes his veggies fried with mushrooms or some other thing... but i just love veggies with garlic and soy sauce!;)

But I am still in the midst of trying to get the hang of things lah..

I also noticed that hor, veggies in sgp rot very quickly even though I put in fridge. I initially thought is the humidity.. but after talking to my friends, they told me that veggies from giant and shing shiong are like tat. I want better quality veggies got to go NTUC. Or i can do shopping everyday at market...  Wah lau eh, in dubai, even the lao ya chinese supermarket veggie can last one or two weeks in the fridge leh...  why like tat one..

But I am just happy to be able to indulge in exiotic fruits every now and then.. something I cannot do when I was living in Dubai :)

Previous Post: I Hope I Will Be Cool Like You

No comments: