Tuesday, September 02, 2014

It Is Always Hard At The Start


It is always difficult when you are starting out at a new chapter in your life. And it is always really tiring and tough initially.

We have just shifted to a rented place of our own. Amidst all the shifting and unpacking, there were many things to do. There is a huge change in my routine and the good life I had in Dubai is sort of challenged here.

I no longer have the luxury of going back to bed immediately after getting Ace ready for school. Instead, I now have to walk him to school and walk back. Forced exercise I guess you can say.

I no longer have lots of time in between to meet with my friends and no longer have lots of time to complete my work as Ace gets off school quite early now and I have to prepare his lunch and also have to teach him more of his school work as they have got spelling and ting xie now. Ace also has more homework.

In addition to that, I also have to fetch Ace home from school (which means I spend 1 hour a day just walking to and fro to send and fetch him from school...)

On top of the change in routine, I am also "in transition" now. We are waiting for our internet to be fixed (cannot play games, check facebook, check email, work), waiting for gas (cannot cook) and because I also do not have all the cai, mi, you, yan, jiang, cu, cha in my kitchen, there is really nothing much I can do in the kitchen as well. No car at the moment so running errands is very much a hassle... Everyday is just unpacking unpacking and unpacking....And the list of things to do before we "settle" down is never ending!

BUt having lived life for so long, I also understand that things are also always seemingly difficult at the start.

Over time, we get better at doing the same things... we get more creative and find better ways.. and we also well, settle into a routine or get used to the difficult aspects of life.

Ganbate ne, Angel Peng! Things will get better!

PS: C and Ah Yee and Yee Zhang came over to our place today so Ace went swimming and playing at the pool with C. Ok, actually more accurate to say tat Ace was playing by himself in the same pool as C.. wahahaha :) Really amazed at Ace's ability to self entertain!

PPS: Ot is 10th Oct now.. and we have sort of settled down into routine. I have everything I need except a sofa.. hahaha :) (Yes, still no time to buy sofa LOR!!)And well, still buying new things for the kitchen... Cos alot of things were "lost in transit". And figured out how to get the various places from our new place.. I think the most impt thing was that we got our internet!:) wahahahaha... It made life a little bit more bearable during the hanging there, neither here nor there stage:)

Previous Post: He Cannot Sleep There!

No comments: