Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Always Bang Chance One

I hate to visit the dentist...

The other day, brought Ace and myself to do teeth cleaning. Met a chatty dentist , who reminded me of my good friend who is a DJ:) Hahaha.. so felt very comfy... but dentist had bad news for me. He said I needed to remove my wisdom teeth as it is causing some decay to my molar due to its position.


So leh, I decided to go for it lah. But I am really afraid of the pain. The memory of extracting 4 teeth for my braces lingers and made me reluctant to do it. But leh, I think get over and done with.. so decided to plough through..


Because of all my fears, I also had alot of worries.... I worry about whether i can take care of Ace the day after the SURGERY, I worry if I can work and live normally...  but my husband just pooh poohed my concerns and fears and told me, "wah lau, 拔牙而已嘛..."

拔牙vs surgery... very different perception.. which explains our very different attitude and feelings.. hahahaa.. 


I shared with Ace my fears and Ace suggested that i think happy thoughts about it... When i asked "is tat possible?" he replied very zen-ly .."It is all in your mind, mummy.. Just try..." haha... Master Ace indeed!:)

To be fair, the whole procedure was not as bad as I remembered. Perhaps I am older now, perhaps it is because I know what to expect. Perhaps I am braver and perhaps I now have more "tools" to help me. I brought along my AMWand.. which is great for promoting self healing and removing pain... wanded myself intensively and during the procedure, I also chanted hard and did a little "process" where I said goodbye to my teeth and thanked them for their service in the past 30 odd years...

Anyway, Ace seemed also excited that I had to do the extraction. Perhaps he is a tad smug that I had rotten teeth but he doesnt.. hahaha..




Ace says I have become wiser..

Cos I have removed my wisdom tooth..

I told Ace, I thought remove liao got no more wisdom :) hahahaha

Anyway, super sian for me to go dentist and do this and do that..

 Came home from dentist and dentist said I have to put the cold compress for as long as I can till the end of the day.. so lazy to hold it.. so I just do a makeshift cold compress holder:)

 And then my ampendant can help to reduce pain.. so since I am lazy to put it on my cheek, i just hang it there.. hahahaha

 Max says I look very cute like this.. like the comic...

So he pose with cute pose with me...


I was quite impressed that the next day, my dentist actually called me to follow up cos i told him I was allergic to a certain type of pain killer.. dunno why.. for the next few days.. every afternoon my face will be very hot and red... maybe inflammation...

Anyway, Asked Ace to be good boy for a few days since I need lots of rest. He on the whole quite good boy lah.. and will come and ask me every now and then how I am feeling.. and even help me kiss my cheek to make it feel better:) hahahaha

Well, I kiss his boo boo for him.. so only right that he kisses my boo boo back right?:P hahhaa:)

He told me that today, his teacher talked about children should not take too much sweet drinks and should practice good hygiene habits so that their teeth will not rot. He told the whole class that his mum had rotten teeth and so she is going for an extraction today.

One of his classmates said to Ace, "Aiyoh, why is your mother like that.. she is so dumb... why did she drink so many cold drinks and eat so many sweet drinks... Your mother is very stupid!"


I have no doubt why this kid will talk like tat.. likely the parents talked to him like that. But well, I dun really care what the kid says.. tong yan wu ji mah.. I was, however, more interested in how Ace might think or react and asked him what did he do..

"I told him that he shouldn't say that because he doesnt know what or how it happened. And I told him I am going to tell the teacher... so he quickly said sorry to me...."


I told him perhaps his friend did not know better. Dun be angry, anyway, I am not upset or angry.

"But he shouldnt say that. If I were not in school and I was outside, I will have boxed him." Ace said angrily. I explained to him that violence is not the right way to solve problems also. He should have just asked the person to stop and told the person that it was wrong/ rude and that it hurt his feelings that he said that about his mother.

I also reminded Ace that this is how people might feel if bad things are said about their parents and reminded him never to say anything nasty about other people's parents and to always talk about them with respect.

Then I asked Ace, why did he not go straight to teacher if he was so upset... (Also because I was thinking if the teacher should be told so she can tell the boy this is wrong.. But well, I guess he knows it is wrong lah)

Anyway, Ace replied... "Well, I give him a chance lah.. I always bang chance one.."

Faintz! He actually knows how to use the phrase BANG CHANCE???:) Hahahaha.. hilarious!


Previous Post: Shu Shu's Wedding Singapore

No comments: