Monday, August 04, 2014

Boys Play Loom Bands Meh?

When we were in Dubai, I saw many of my friends posting about this new trend called Rainbow Loom becuase they all had children and it was apparently popular in Singapore. Since it was a craft, I thought Ace might like it and asked if Ace wanted it.

But Ace told me in his school, only the girls will play with rainbow loom.. so he rejected my offer.

But leh, when we came back to Singapore, he was given some bands in school and then, he started to go crazy over it and bugged me to buy it for him.

I told him though that since many of his godmas want to buy him birthday presents, he can perhaps ask them to buy for him.

So finally, Karen Godma got him a small set for a present (as he wanted to choose another toy as present as well) and Ace started his loom band journey.

He already learnt how to do the basic one from his friends in school and with the set, he was able to do different things as well and he started out making this necklace:)


Initially, Ace was a little upset cos it seems like no matter how he tried, he is unable to make that "Pendant" portion... I encouraged him by reminding him that even I took 3 tries before I was successful as the instructions in the booklet was kind of difficult to follow...


That is why he is smiling so happily when he finally mastered it:)

Then he saw a youtube tutorial that taught him how to make a snack and he made many many snakes!:)

And many many bracelets of the same type in dfferent colours. As he made more, he realized he can do different looks ...


Once he mastered that, he tried another type of design..

The one he made and named it THE FOUR ELEMENTS.. wahahaha :)

He decided to make one of his snakes into a bracelet:)


He made this for me as a present.. Cos he says I like pink.. but in reality, because he doesnt like pink and has alot of pinks in his loom band set:) hahahaha


He even made me a ring!:)

And another bracelet...

This one is nice hor.. but he made for himself..






He also made for Ah Yee and tried to SELL to Ah Yee...  Ah Yee said she will pay in kind and paid in the form of Loom Bands she bought online:)

We also went through lots of trouble to buy him boxes to store his stuff. So glad to finally find a box tat can fit everything in...

Some time back, he said he wanted to buy the monster loom to create different designs... and so he saved money and went to buy the loom...

And he made this handphone accessory for me..

Whenever I wear the loombands that Ace makes for me.. people will ask me who made them and if I say, "My son..." They will usually go, "Boys play loombands meh?"

Hahaha.. and usually they are people who do not yet have children or are unmarried. So just to answer your question... BOYS DO play loombands. Ace has quite a few loomband experts in his class and they are boys and they make much more than bracelets using the loombands:)

Anyway, I am happy he found something new to keep himself occupied lah;)

Previous Post: Meeting P

No comments: