Sunday, June 08, 2014

A Big Heart

We were talking about what he does during playtime and Ace was telling me how they have been playing soccer.

At the farewell party we held, Aunty Bettina gave Ace a soccer ball and he wanted to bring it to school so that they can play ball.. so everyday, he will come home and announce who made one hole in his ball.. wahahaha :)

Today as we were chatting, he told me that one of his classmates X told him a secret. I know that X comes from a slightly complicated family as Ace has talked to him on off about it.

So he shared with me some of the news things he heard from X about his family and what are some of X's feelings towards what has happened (except for the secret because cannot tell anyone).

I asked Ace how come they have time to talk so much since they are playing ball..

"Sometimes people play during one break and second break, they don't want to play the same game again. So we just walk around school and talk.... Anyway, I find it very interesting to talk to X because his life has so many interesting things happening...."


"Mostly though, I think when I listen to him tell me about these things in his life, it helps him relief stress. When he is talking about it, he looks very sad but after he finishes, he usually looks much happier.. like he is relieved..." added Ace.

Oh no.. I think my son inherited my Aunty Agony Kaypohness:) Hahaah.. Since young, I have always played the role of the listener to my friends with problems... I did it so often, I actually thought one day I will end up working as a social worker or a psychologist:) wahaha..

Anyway, I reminded Ace that if he wants to be a good listener, he has to chant more and read more and learn more... so that he can have the wisdom to respond to what his friends say in such a way that it will be helpful for them...

Sometimes one only needs to listen. Sometimes, some good advice will be good. Sometimes, we might even have to stop them and remind them gently not to dwell on unhappy things.

But I am happy that Ace has empathy and a good heart.

Previous Post: The Simpsons Lego Collectables

No comments: