Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Your Mother's Life Is More Important

If you don't already know, anything you do or say, actually MIGHT get repeated when your children chat. And so, the teachers or maybe your children's friends or even their parents MIGHT know your deepest darkest secrets:) wahahaha...

The other day, Ace was telling me about his friend H who is complaining about the bad points of his father. (No points or gifts for guessing who put these ideas in his head) Apparently they chatted about this before and today, he said he had ONE MORE BAD POINT about his dad he wanted to share... (Gosh, I wonder if Ace will talk BAD about US?!)

He said the new piece of info he wanted to share.. was that his dad smokes... even though he promised his son a long time ago that he wouldn't but he did and continued...  and so the son was upset that his dad lied...

So since they were talking about smoking, L, who was also chatting said that his mum smokes too. And when he asked her to stop, his mum simply told him, "The time I will stop smoking is the time you stop playing with your xbox."

Said Ace very seriously at this point, "And L said, 'No way man! No way I am going to stop playing xBox...' And so I told him that he should stop playing! Because the life of his mother is more important than xbox! I asked him.. if his mother had lung cancer and died, who is going to accompany his dad for the rest of his life? Him? "

That took my very much by a surprise. I know that Ace loves us but I did not know he would say that because I thought he probably will think of the xbox as more important. Since me and Max do not smoke, I decided to test Ace by asking him.. "If one day, Yeye says he will stop smoking if you stop playing ipad, will you do that..."

"Of course!" He replied without missing a beat...

"Because Yeye's life is more important?" I asked him...

"Yeah lah... anyway, I can just play the iphone mah. If also cannot play iphone, I just play using the old type of phone lah... (referring to the game in Nainai's ancient antique Nokia Phone) Hahahaha"  he said with a cheeky smile...

Hahahahaha... BTH...

PS: Some tips for parents. Do not ever complain about your other half to your children. One of the unconscious ways our children bond with their parents is to behave like them. When we repeat these negative traits (stingy, selfish, irritating, bad, loser, etc etc etc), our children will unconsciously move to embody these traits. So instead, it is a better idea to always tell your children what a wonderful person your other half is. Even if your other half is enstranged or a complete asshole, do focus and only talk about their good points so that your children can unconsciously emulate the good instead of the bad... :)

Previous Post:  WL's House Warming

No comments: