Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Home Alone Ace

 When you are overseas and things aren't going well at home, it can be quite upsetting..

Just the other day, my sis sent me and all the Peng Family cousins a whatsapp message that our grandma wasnt eating. For some unknown reason, she has been refusing food.. even her favourite ice cream...

So she asked us to chant for her and when I told Ace about it, he said we should chant together for Laoma.. and we did..

 That is him chanting while eating his dinner...

At the same time, I received news that I have to attend a meeting but Max has soccer and won't be back till two hours later. After some discussion with Max, we decided we will let Ace have his first taste of HOME ALONE :) Hahaha...

So after making dinner and making sure Ace finished his dinner, I told him to go bath, pack the house a little and go to bed....

 This is how messy the house is.. and why I asked him to pack up....

 Ace threw toilet paper in the air as celebration when he heard the news because he says he can reenact HOME ALONE.. wahahaha

Crazy boy...

And true to what I expected.. the short meeting was sort of long.. hahahaha...

By the time I was done, it was 8 plus.. when I called back, Ace asked me to run back quickly because he was really  bored... "I am so lonely because both of you are not at home.."


And so, the brave little boy survived alone at home for about 1.5 hours and had his first taste of freedom.

But.. he did not abuse this freedom. WHen I returned and asked him what he did, he said he finished up his homework, cleared up some of the mess in the house and took a bath and then he watched tv while waiting for me to come back :) wahahaha...


Looks like we might really be able to steal some time and go dating for a short time now... Haha :)

PS: After all the prayers and chanting by all the Peng family sons, daughters, cousins, happy to announce that grandma is eating again. Ace was really concerned. The next day when he came home from school... he asked me if Laoma was eating. I told him that when I asked Ah Yee, she said that laoma started to eat already. He asked what food she was eating.. and I told him I don't know. And so he told me, "Can you please go and ask Ah Yee? I want to know.. I want to know if she ate nutritious food or she ate only junk food..." Shows that he really cares lor... Laoma 没有白疼这个小瓜 and I think it was his blessing that he got to know her before she suffered from dementia and had the experience of her taking care of him and also feeding him...

Previous Post: Civic Minded Ace

No comments: