Friday, March 21, 2014

H's Dad is a Fake Gemist

So we have settled the issue of disturbing conversation topics about sex and strip clubs.. but when Ace tells me about what happened in school, I tend to find that I cannot understand kids these days.. hahaha ;)

The other day, Ace told me that a few of his classmates were having a conversation and R declared that H's father is a fake gemist.

"Huh? Fake?" I didn't understand what that means and so I asked him what he means by that. Ace says fake gemist is someone who sells fake gems...

I explained to Ace that there are people who do that... and those are not called fake gems.. they are called costume jewellery.. like the cheap jewellery we see in shopping centres...

"No... is fake gem cos R took the gem to his personal gemist because he is very rich... and the gemist says it is just a stone that people put in fish tanks..."

That made me scratch my head even more... wah lau.. everytime talk to him like Sherlock Holmes like that.. so ask a few more questions and found out that H brought a "gem" to school and declared that it is from his dad's collection and he gave it to R who was really excited and brought it to be "verified".

As all children's stories, I just take it with pinch of salt lah.. But I also told Ace it could be that H picked up any stone and said it is a gem from his father or what mah..

"No... R went to H's house and his father told him that he has been to jail a few times because he was selling fake jewelry..."

???!!!

"Erm.. sure or not.. I dun think anyone will say that to their son's friend right.. it is as good as  your friend come and I tell your fren.. Ace wears underwear with lots of holes.. hahahahaha"

But another point had me very curious... "DId R say tat in front of H?"

"Yeah, in front.."

"And H let him say that about his father??"

"No of course not, of course he fight back.."

I guess the children's world of friendship now is not as simple as I thought...

When I was 8, we NEVER talked about what our parents did or who is rich or not. We just talked about what games to play during recess and all sorts of silly stuff :)

Previous Post: Global Village 2014

No comments: