Sunday, March 23, 2014

Art Dubai 2014- Part 2

Here is part two of the Art Dubai Photos we took...

This one is a piece of art work by some Taiwanese artiste.. apparently, all the individual pieces are body parts of the human or parts of plants...



Some of the individual items on the wall...

This one looks like brain...


This one obviously is heart lah:)

This one i dunno wat is it..

This one I think looks like a spine...

Goat's horns?


Smiling bowl?


This one is very interesting, I was standing in front of the mirror.. but as you can see, the mirror no matter how I tried to take photo.. cannot capture my image because I was not standing right in the front of this shiny convex mirror..

That is Ace with his distorted face:)





Ace says this is one of his favourite pieces... it is made of stripes of paper layered over each other and they had letters cut out from magazines pasted over them...


I doubt these weapons worked...

This one I think is chastity belt of some sort...

Ace's favourite too... he loaves it that the wire are all a mish mash and the shadows are actually words...


Like that also art leh!:) haha...



These reminded me of home cos i swear my grandma has the same towel somewhere!


This huge carpet is sprayed with some shiny thingy.. and it looks heavy and also hard..  somehow all the shiny stuff made the soft carpet look hard and cold instead of warm and furry...





THis thing looks like a tumour.. but it actually is a series of jars and pots that were broken... but were fit together... I think the pieces are all mixed up and that is why it is not exactly perfect fit...

Picture of ripples on the ocean..











Ace was so excited to see this because he says it is made of lego!:)



These two are apparently twin sisters...

This is some sort of installation art.. the wires you see are real wires.. it is some sort of radio that picks up all signals and so when you walk close, you can actually hear zzzzzzzz sound... and soft mutter and music...





I can't really say if this person is trying to make a positive or negative statement about the muslim religion. Seems like saying that these people are carrying their religions on their heads all the time... which is good right.. I think that a good muslim who has allah in their hearts all the time is usually kind, friendly and does good things... But leh, the man seems to be BLINDED by it and the woman who is covered up is restricted by it...
This series is a very strange series where the woman in the picture all only have a mirror as a head... haha
You will not really appreciate this piece... until you find out what medium this is made of...

Apparently, the artist used a photo.. and blanked out everything except the outline using a MARKER! And that is how he created this series of photos! AMAZING!






This one is quite similar to something I saw last year...


One thing I noticed about the middle east, there are many partners here and many of them involved stars of some sort...

This one seems to be made out of sugar.. but I have no idea what it is supposed to be...

THis one just made me wonder how they embed the spoon in..



Nice! I can perhaps do something like that in my new house when I get it:)




Does this bring back memories?



Guess what this one is called???

Feel sort of sad for MJ....












Ace was so amused with these pots that are stacked on top of each other..










Apparently, my son more tak gong than me... he thought this is made of glass and was curious.. and he went up to talk to the artiste and asked him.. what is this building made of and if it is made of glass.. the artist told him that they carved it out and took a picture of it... Hahaha :) Din know by boy so brave now!:)



Previous Post: Art Dubai 2014- Part 1

No comments: