Monday, February 10, 2014

Uncle Seng


While we were back in Singapore and both of us were suffering from jetlag and so while lying down on bed, we started chatting away while the rest of the world was in lalaland...:) haha.. so we were happily chatting away while the rest of the world was still in lalaland...

Then Ace started asking me question...

- does daddy like the navy
- why did he leave
- does he still love the navy
- is he going to keep his job?
- why dun he find a job in Singapore
- why we want to come back to Singapore

And then somehow we started to talk about death an I told him why one of the reasons I want to come back is because we dun want to regret we din spend enough time with yeye nai nai and po po and gonggong if anything happent to them and maybe they pass on suddenly..

And Ace started to think of someone he knew he pass on and started to cry uncontrollably.. That someone is who we call Uncle Seng. He is the partner of Ace's grandaunt and he used to run a coffee stall. Whenever we visit, he will always give Ace a ribena as a treat and if Ace says he is hungry, he will hold Ace's hand and walk him around the hawker centre to buy food for him...

After he cooled down a little.. Ace told me that he wished that Uncle Seng can come back to life. I told him though that once people are dead, they cannot come back to life.. but they live forever in our hearts...

Then he started telling me how whenever he drinks ribena, he will think of Uncle Seng and he will feel so sad.. and he started crying again... He told me that there was once in Dubai when I wasnt around and he was with Max and he cried suddenly in the middle of the road cos he suddenly thought of and missed Uncle Seng..

I asked him why he cried so sadly since Uncle Seng is not like his grandfather or someone very very very close to him.. And Ace told me, "He is a part of our family... and he is so nice to me, he always give me ribena and when i say I am hungry, he will bring me to buy food... I feel so sad that i did not get to touch his hand or say goodbye to him in his face when he died... I dont even know who and why he died.." And started him off another bought of sobbing...

I tried to explain to him how Uncle Seng died of cancer and he found out too late and couldnt be treated and how we all did not expect him to pass on as well as he was fine when we visited him... I also told him uncle seng is happy to know he has a place in Ace's heart and that as long as he lives his life to the fullest and make good use of his own life and be a good and useful, helpful person, Uncle Seng will be very happy.

I explained to him that if he already feels so sad about uncle seng, if anything happens to your close family, we will feel even sadder.. and that is why we want to go back to Singapore if possible..

Thankfully, after all the sobbing, he was finally tired and finally zzzzzz ....

Previous Post:  Ace The Mechanic

No comments: