Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Little Junk Modelling Champion

The other day, Ace came home and told me that he won a prize for Junk Modelling.

Apparently everyyear, there is a period where they will learn about recycling and they will use junk and recycle them into different things.

When he was in year 2, he received an award for making an excellent model of Emirates Tower using reycled stuff.

This year, he says he made a Jet Pack. I will only be able to take pictures of it if I go school to fetch him.

Apparently, he won by voting. Ace says that his friends all voted for him because in their minds, he is an expert in junk modelling as he has brought a few of the stuffs he made using boxes and scraps at home.

I asked him about his experience and he said, "I learnt how to plan.. I am very expereinced in this since I  made alot of things using boxes before.. So i know how to plan before I make anything and I thought about what I wanted to do before i started..."

Unfortunately though, we have thrown away all the boxes we had at home because it was simply taking up too much space.

But that sort of created a problem when I had to dress Ace up when he had a Mathematics Day coming up...

Ace's school always has lots of interesting days where you got to dress up...

There is Roald Dahl Day, Wear Your PJs Day, Science Invention Day, Crazy Hair Day.. etc etc etc.. My friend in sgp was so amused to hear all about these days.. wahahaha..

So the other day, Ace came home and said he wants to dress up as a calculator... I told him it was too difficult... I tried to go online to search for more ideas and suggested that he cut out picture of pies and paste on a cardboard and dress up as a pie chart.. hahahaha :)

But he dun want..

I told him calculator very big leh... where am I going to get enough materials to make that (we had just thrown away his stash of paper stuff and boxes) and then I remembered Max just bought some new drinks and we could use those.. and then tadah, out of nowhere, my good son brought out a few boxes he said he had been secretly saving for this!

Wah lau, I also dunno how he secretly save and where he hid it lor:) wahahaha..

Anyway, we very last minute chit cho lot kio and made this :)

Not the best dressed award standard but I think can do lah:) hahaha..

PS: We used his dad's calculator as a model to follow.. Notice he has his name on the top? That is cos Max also wrote his name there on his calculator!:) wahahaha

Previous Post: Standchart Fun Run



No comments: