Sunday, December 01, 2013

Recruit Diaries

If there is one thing Jack Neo succeeded.. is that he has successfully made serving NS something that every young boys long to do with his Ah Boys To Men movie.

While we were in back in Singapore, Ace started following the TV Spinoff of Ah Boys To Men called Recruit Diaries.

When we came back to Dubai, because I wanted to encourage him to finish his homework quickly, I told him we can watch an episode of Recruit Dairies together if he finishes his homework on time...

And he was really excited and managed to get his homework finished on time most of the days.

So to me, very good lah.. it means it gets his homework done on time and that he gets exposed to mandarin... and I was pretty happy that he is using alot more mandarin phrases and taking the initiative to speak mandarin to me more often.

But to my surprise, this also led to an unexpected "side effect".

One day, while we were traveling home from somewhere, Ace told me that when he grows up, he wants to serve NS. "Wah, so excited ah.. wait till you grow up then see whether you will still say tat or not.." I told him..

"Yes of cos... I want to serve NS because I want to protect Singapore! I want to serve NS because I WANT TO.. not because I HAVE TO!" Ace told me...

Wah... the govt must be very happy to hear this man...

I thought maybe aftermath of watching the show and he might forget a little while later..

But hor, since the, whenever we talk about this, he consistently stuck by his stand... I wonder what about the show inspired him so much.. or maybe it is just tat he inherited his dad's soldier genes:)

Previous Post: Dumb And Dumber

No comments: