Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cooking Adventures In November

When I am bored.. or stressed.. or depressed... I COOK:) haha

November was a little BORING... so lots of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen...

First.. I made pandan cake using HCP... my good husband very fast wor.. say he can find a perfect wine to go with it.. and he actually DID!

And then, our friend WL brought back some cheong fun tat can be opened up to fry as hor fun.. so i decided to do the teochew style horfun fried with chai por:) Looks plain but tastes good!

This vegg was just to go with the fried hor fun

And some read made rendang cos I lazy to make my own tat day:)

One morning.. was feeling VERY hungry... so decided to have a heavier breakfast.. made myself a burger..

Actually I was craving for samurai burger.. that can only be found in Singapore.. but decided to make my own vegeterian version... but i think i din put enough teriyaki sauce.. But it still tasted good:) wahaha

Then I saw this rose flowers bun thingy on youtube.. so I decided to try it lah..


Unfortunately, instead of steaming. I was lazy and tried to panfry it.. so the flowers ended up looking glossy.. wahahaha:)

WHen I asked pple to guess what this is... someone actually tot it is meat! wahahahaha

Ace said he is sick of lagsane... so I made baked pasta instead..


I follow Dr Leslie Tay's page on Facebook for I Eat. I Shoot. I Post.. and he has been experimenting lately with waffles.. he recommended a waffle recipe and I decided to try :)


Looks good and tastes good!:) hahaha

Char kway teow for dinner:)

Also tried the very nice toufu pistachio cake that my fren recommended.. is quite nice.. has a light fragrant taste because of the pistachio. But Ace did not really like it as he prefers pandan cake..



And then, i read somewhere that you can make pandan cake using the HCP! I was so impressed!

The last time I tried to make eggtarts.. I failed miserably.. they were crumbled and din look very good.. plus.. it was alot of work as well.. the recipe looked relatively simple compared to the one I had been using.. so I decided to try lor:)

Turns out ok leh!:) But too sweet for my liking.. first batch I did.. there were holes in them.. I think it is because it is too hot and  the custard started boiling... (that is what my MIL told me when she tried to teach me to make dan dan)

So my second batch, i opened the HCP little bit and the egg tarts turned out perfect!:) haha

Perhaps... I may try to do the fluffy pastry base type that I enjoy so much the next time:)

I was also tasked to bake a pandan cake as a birthday cake... wah.. super chuah.. firstly, I never use oven to bake for a long time cos I lazy.. always use HCP.. secondly...my cake always crack leh.. this one must go out and see people one.. I HOPE wun crack!:)

Thirdly, by the time I had 30 min left to do in the baking, my cake already start to brown.. take out also cannot.. dun take out also cannot... so in the end.. i sit beside oven to watch the cake... like guard dog like tat.. wahahahaha...

PHEW... in the end.. SUCCESS!:)


Previous Post: Crossroads

No comments: