Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Daddy Is Away


Max received a very last minute notice to travel to Singapore for work. When I say last minute.. is really last minute lor...

He called me at around 4, almost 5 pm in the afternoon and told me that he is leaving on an 11.30pm flight the same night to Singapore. "So are you coming home for dinner or still going to play soccer?"

To my chagrin, our good friend replied... "Erm... I think I will come home for dinner lah.. there is no time to play soccer."

Wah lau eh, if you are married and in this position, please hor.. the ONLY correct answer is "OF COURSE I AM COMING HOME FOR DINNER WITH YOU!" shouldnt even need to use backside to THINK! hahahahahaha...



Anyway, when I told Ace that daddy is going overseas that night.. the poor boy cried and said he missed daddy already.. even BEFORE his dad reached home after the call.. hahahaa



Well, as it was very last minute, I asked Max to pass me some money..and tried to ask if our car pool buddy can send the boys to school.. but she cant.. so I decided to ferry them by taxi and go home by train...

So Max says.. he is going to be back Sunday night.. also dunno he go Singapore and do what lah.. everyday no day no night.. no calls and not much whatsapp messages...  the only time he called.. was on saturday to tell me that he MIGHT have to extend his trip because blah blah blah...( I dun remember what reason but in my mind, I only heard "I have fucked up colleagues who dun understand what is planning.."

Oh well, already survived a few days without him.. what is another few days right? When I told Ace, he was really cheesed as well.."That's is ridiculous! How can they just ask him to stay? THis is ridiculous! Mummy, Daddy's company is so ridiculous!!"

Anyway, I told him.. just few more days only.. and pacify him a little.. and for me, I just grit my teeth and I LUN..

And then no sound no colour again for a few days... one day before due to be back, he forwarded me an email tat some asshole sent.... in the email, someone just ask his boss if he can stay on for a few more days as he is alot of help... that someone never ask him can or not before he sent email.. just come from the back shoot one arrow.. and then my hubby forward to me and ask me.. "How ah, dear?"

Wah, is super du lan when I saw the email. Why bother asking me how when I know.. given Max's very responsible hardworking character, he sure will stay one. and he wouldnt say no to his bosses since his boss also already approve of him staying. PLUS... thur was Ace's assembly... if he stays, he is going to MISS IT! Someomore, not as if if i say.. "no, you must come back..." he will come back.. ask me how for fuck? So I was really really upset..

When I broke the bad news to Ace, Ace also got upset... "太过分了!" (I was so amused he actually got upset and responded in chinese...) "I think Daddy's company is too much! I think mummy, I have to complain to his company... tomorrow mummy.. can you help me write a complaint letter to the company?!"

I dunno whether to laugh or to cry.. like a true blue Singaporean who likes to complain, my son naively thinks EVERYTHING can be resolved by just complaining.. hahahaha...


Luckily, after little bit of consoling... he got over it...

But for me not so... when I say I am having a hard time as Max is not around... they always tell me.. "see lah, who ask you not to drive...  got licence dun want to drive..." The issue is hor.. EVEN IF I DRIVE, I WOULDNT FEEL MUCH BETTER!"

You see, when I am in Singapore and Max travels overseas, I can still meet up with my friends, I still have my parents, my sister, my nephew, my work.. my collegaues... etc etc...  but home alone in dubai is a very different feeling. I may have friends in dubai but most of them live far away from me and most of them work.. so weekedays they not free one.. and I also cannot go out on weekdays.. and if you talk about really close friends who can keep you company and be your chicken soup for the soul, in dubai, me only got one fren like tat lor... 

It is not that I cannot do things on my own or what.. but I dunno how to describe.. it just feels a little like loneliness + being cut off.

And it is not like I don't go out.... I do.. I went for a few gatherings, joined the MUM's COffee Morning, went for a workshop in school, made new friends, weekend go steamboat party with my other friends...  but i still feel like I am being isolated.

Also, very importantly... during this period.. I have to wake earlier everyday so that I can send Ace to school.. despite me going to bed early as well.. I still feel very very tired.. which adds to the sianness.. that is because, whenever Max is not at home, I will always be unable to sleep well one... I will for sure wake in the middle of the night.. and I wake a few times... because I don't feel safe...  Even if Max is just out for drinks with friends, I will also wake in the middle of the night.. a few time until he is back. Plus.. becos we were collecting minions.. for two weekends, I was forced to eat mac donalds TWICE and forced to eat the stupid happy meal.. sibeh xian...


Also cheesed that Max did not call back or seem to ask after us while he is in Singapore. Very angry with him... as a result. I just stopped talking to him totally on the last few days of the trip. Didn't message him. Didnt email him. Just din talk to him. Cos I was just so sian...

I complained to my son that his dad never call or ask after us much this trip back to Singapore and my son hugged me and said, "Aiyah, you and me also know.. daddy go to Singapore because there are some issues in his office mah. You want daddy to make money so we can have a good life right? He also working very hard mah... you dun be so hard on him lah..."
 
But of course, on the day he is due to return.. he message me and i heart soften lor.. so talk to him again lor.. hahahahaha ;) Anyway, him returning is a cause for celebration ;)

But well, Max being away gave me and Ace alot of time together on weekends...One of the weekends.. we decided to walk out to Singapore Deli for DInner.. was so warm and so humid we nearly died on our way there.. hahaha




 But well, Ace likes the Singapore Deli fried kway tiao.. we cannot stop till we arrived there as we were very hungry.. but on our way home.. we stopped at every shopping centre we saw and go in to walk walk and get some air con!:)

PS: Oh.. the perk is my son is extra sweet and cut apples for me to eat when I complain I still hungry after we finished our meal :)

PPS: It is such an irony.. as I am posting this... Max is away for work again. But well, at least this one is a short trip.

Previous Post:
Paper Weapons Galore
 

No comments: