Sunday, September 08, 2013

Visiting Laoma Again

Since we were going back to Dubai soon... I thought it will be nice to visit my grandma again..

As usual, she doenst remember us and we have to tell her who we are.. this week... her repeated questions is whether Ace is my son and how old is he and whether he has gone to school.. and then she will end with saying that he is a very clever boy..

If you have relatives with Dementia, you will know that they sometimes get frustrated and violent. My grandma sometimes gets upset when the great grand children want to eat food in her house or play with toys in her house because she thinks that those are hers and they are taking HER stuff.. you know.. like a small kid..

Ace has been relatively lucky. I told him and explained what might happen and said he has to always ask permission and always talk to Lao Ma and ask her if she is ok and how is she.. and of cos I will always remind my grandma she used to feed Ace when he was little... somehow that makes her feel safe or something and she always allows Ace to run around the house and is always happy to see him.. especially if he uses his RUSTY teochew to ask her if she has had her meals and how is she...

Ace got permission to play with the stack blocks with Popo..


MEanwhile, I just sat and chatted with Laoma lor..

A nice picture before we go home:)

So glad to get Lao ma's smile on camera.. :)

See you again soon, grandma!

Previous Post: Ace Wants To Make Money!

No comments: