Friday, September 20, 2013

Mid Autumn Celebration At Evan's

They say每逢佳节倍思亲...

When I was younger, we always celebrated mid autumns. The whole jim gang will gather at my grandma's place and we will eat and have party and the highlight of the night is that we will carry our lanterns and walk around the void deck of my grandma's flat...

It was a big event. I remember one of the years, my cousin Mei even spent lots of time to make her own goldfish lantern and it was soooooooooooooooo beautiful.

Another time, I remember that when we were on our way home from walking around.. we heard a loud thud... and and found that a dead man who had jumped off the ledge... why he jumped.. I dunno.. only remember seeing his body on the floor and my mum hurrying us home and me feeling sad for the man who died while we were having such a  great time..

But as I grew older, we stopped having celebrations like that, Mooncake Festival or rather Mid Autumn became a time just to buy mooncakes and "swap" mooncakes. But some traditions do prevail.. like my other grandma will always buy the FISH or the PIG that is made of leftover mooncake skin for me to eat because it is my favourite!:)

This year, mid autumn will be spent in dubai so I asked my friends if they will like to gather and so we agreed to do a potluck and Evan's :)

Max had a meeting and so we could only arrive late.. when we arrived, BB K already almost ready for milk and bed.. HENG still arrive in time to play with her:)

E even decorated her house with lanterns!:)

Chef of the night.. due to popular demand.. Max came and made vegeterian fried prawn noodles for everyone!:)

BB K also hot favourite with all the uncles and aunties:)

The looks almost too good to be true fried prawn noodles:)

WL's contribution of broccoli fried with shaoxing wine.. taste and smells so good lor!

Chicken wings!

Max very lucky to get this pic of BB K smiling directly into the camera with him:) haha

CURRY CHICKEN by E!:)

Chinese tea in a hello kitty pot anyone?


Ace got bored and forced Ken to play with him... and then try to win by making up his own rules!

Mooncake WL specially bought.. imported from HK one hor:)

Just a pity we did not have the chance or time to walk around the estate with lantern..

Very lovely night we had. Made me miss my family in Singapore a little bit less on a special night...

Previous Post: Tai Tai Day Out

No comments: