Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

Somehow as you get older, birthday sort of become less important... I think especially for women... the birthday becomes less important.. maybe until her children start to make a big hoo ha of celebrating maybe her 50th birthday or wat :)

This year, my birthday was a cosy little affair. I din really get to celebrate much and to make it worse, I had to WORK.. hahaha... So not really in a celebratory mood lah...

My birthday carnival started maybe two weeks before my actual birthday with the arrival of my chinese birthday. Nothing happened.. i went to work as usual and Max was not yet back to celebrate with me BUT he is slated to be back home very soon.. which is the best birthday present I can ask for after living two mths apart...

Ah Yee told Ace that it was my chinese birthday and asked him if he is going to buy me a present. True to his kiam kana style, he decided to MAKE me a FREE present! He made a cake using his lego set and said it was for me.. complete with candles and "flame" that can be blown taken out. :)



Another present I received was from my sister :) It is a pair of lovely jelly flats with lace design. Perfect for me to wear anywhere and everywhere with skirt or pants:)

I musty say my hubby is quite perceptive. When I sent him this photo over whatsapp, he noticed that I was injured and asked me what happened to my leg:)

Then, there was a combined celebration at my in laws place because me and Max's birthday were something like one week apart.


Quite a lovely family shot...

But it is not long before Ace wants to do his funny expressions...




Anyway, Max went out with his friends that day and by the time he came for the celebration, he was already very high.. which was sort of good because he let down his inhibitions and asked his mum to sit on his lap to take this photo while telling her that he loves her very much.. I assure you it will be 1000% more difficult for him to do that when he is totally sober:) hahahaha


On the day of my birthday, I was working again.. so we could only do a simple dinner... to my surprise, Mr Romantic even bothered to buy me a bouquet of flowers... sweet dao.....


My flowers from my favourite man!:)

After some drinks, we went to find a nice place to have dinner. As we walked out of the pub, there was this guy who saw the flowers and gave Max a high five.. maybe he thought Max successfully proposed to me or wat..  hahahahahah.. But well, he was drunk and Max just entertain him and high five with him...

We anyhow wander and came to this "scottish" restaurant.. where the waiters were all in kilts!:) waahaha... That was my confitte...

And Max's Raviolli.. now that I know how to make them, I am not so impressed:) wahahaha

The place very dark.. very difficult to take photos..

So asked the waitress to take for us..

Dessert was great!
And we also ordered some cheese to munch on.. the cheese came with this fig jam and biscuits that tasted dam good together!  (PS: can anyone tell me why cheese platters always come with grapes?)

Actually hor, on that day hor, my mum also bought a cake and wanted to celebrate with me one... but after my part tor date.. I still have to go and fetch Ace.

Apparently, my son was not concerned about my birthday..he was bz making balloon sculptures..



In a way, Mother in law also got give me present.. hahaha. cos she made Ou Nee for us to bring home. :)

But cannot help it.. had to dig in a little before we left..

By the time we reached home.. my mum and sis and the whole world zzz liao.. so I guess no cake cutting or celebration.

I found out later that my sister was sorely disappointed she did not get to celebrate my birthday with me at all. Mental note.. i shall NOT work on my birthday next time!

Anyway, I think Ace finally realized it is my birthday and felt bad he din get me anything.. so he made me a card on MY iPad.. how convenient...


When I asked him why only card on the ipad.. he retorted.. "It is the thought that counts mah..."

Next day, still did a belated cake cutting.. see my cake my momo bought me.. nice hor:)


My best birthday pressie.. love from all the loved ones around me:)

Take a picture with the nice bouquet before heading off to work :)

And then a few days after my birthday, I went to cut my hair and afterward met up with my bestie to celebrate my birthday!:)

Bestie gave me a nice treat and bought me a nice cardigan.. I cant wait to use it when winter comes.. it is in the design i always wanted!

Actually, even my hairstylist also gave me present lor... hahaha.. and it came in the form of a unique experience

Even though I was back in sgp for two mths, that was the one and only day I had time to cut my hair. But when I arrived at the appt time at 11.30, the salon was pitch dark. I walked inside.. and I saw a girl crying.. I asked her what happened and she cried and told me, "THere was a fire.."

Wah, a thousand thoughts raced through my mind at that point... "Is Leslie ok.. is everyone ok?" I was concerned since she was crying.. turned out though.. she was crying because it was the first time something like tat happened and so she was scared.. in fact, it was only a small fire due to a faulty dryer... and everyone was safe :)

And then leh, I very KPO lah.. so I go and talk to the estate management pple and ask can do business or not.. cos i was very concerned whether or not i can cut my hair!

They say ok.. business as usual.. and then this really funny thing happened...

A security guard walked past and he saw the ladder that they used to climb up to check the ceilings just now and he said, "No work allowed ah.. "

Both me and the shop girl were stunned. Just now say can.. now why say cannot. But as her boss, aka my stylist, L, has yet to arrive, I asked why cannot.

"Cannot cannot.. it is a rule, after 10am no more work..."

Then I very hot liao lah.. wat bird rule is that... like tat how to do business. Plus very important.. if that is the case, I CANNOT CUT MY HAIR.. and my hair already like bird nest!!!

"Why cannot?" I challenged him...

"Are you the tenant.." he asked me.

"No, I am not.. but you tell me why cannot do work?"

"Cannot cannot.. very noisy.. " he said,

"Cut hair where got noisy... Why cannot? Your management just now say can.. you go and ask them properly then come and talk to me... " I asked again.. his face turning black because I kept challenging him.

Then I realized he thought we were doing reno.. so i explained to him what happened and he looked slightly apologetic for being a blur sotong.. hahahaha...

Anyway, was flooded with tonnes of FB and whatsapp message that day. Many thanks to everyone who remembered and make the effort to drop me a blessing or their well wishes. Am looking forward to a great year ahead! :)

Previous Post: Ace's Promise

No comments: