Thursday, August 08, 2013

Birthday Celebration With Ganma SL

As I was working, Ace only got to meet his SL ganma in August.. and thus, by AUGUST, HE WAS STILL CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY!!

But unfortunately, I had to work that day and so I asked SL ganma to meet me and pick Ace up from Camp@Home together.. then I will go back to work and the two of them can have some alone time with each other.

Ace is happiest lah... spend time with his ganma.. shopping for his birthday present... and then ganma bring him to eat jap food... and he got to sit down and talk and talk and talk and talk to his godma..

And because I had a last minute meeting, I ended up picking Ace up again at 10 plus in the night... so they spent a few solid hours together...

When I saw them.. I got a shock of my life... cos Ace was carrying his mega sized box of Galaxy Squad Lego. I thought he might want to get tat as he enjoyed the one tat Ganma Karen bought for him.. but din expect him to get such a big set...

When I reached home, I realized tat this set of lego cost like $179! Wah lau, dam paiseh to make his ganma spend so much on him.

I asked Ace why he chose this set.. didn't he check with Ganma wat was his birthday present budget?

"I did, I asked her twice but she did not answer..." I figured she did not hear Ace when Ace asked her... so I told Ace he had to give ganma a treat..

I messaged his ganma and she said that they had actually spent two and a half hours shopping for the present because Ace couldnt seem to decide which one to choose...

"Actually, I know he likes this the most but I let him think hard before buying.. he was really cute... carrying all his choices around the toy dept looking at all the toys.. before sitting on the floor and thinking hard... he lay his options out on the floor and started counting the benefit of each one and see which one has more benefits.. and he looked so serious when he was doing that.. trying to persuade me to agree to his choice.." Ganma told me..

But I know why he choose this set lah.. because we never see this in DUbai at all.. and he mismatcher and likes to be one of the first to have something...  I asked him if that was it and Ace asked me how I knew.. hwahaha.. of cos I know, I am his laomu!

Then his ganma said, "He really cute lah.. after I paid for it.. we are going to sushi place then he asked me what was my budget.. Hahaha.. already bought liao then ask me what was my budget.. think he saw the amount I paid for the lego and realized it was alot.. that is why later when we were waiting for you, he was reading a book but the shop was closing, I asked if it is ok i buy the book and he can read as we wait for you.. he think think and decided to put back the book..."

Ace told me later that he forgot to look at the price tag and that is why he chose.. if he had seen the price tag he wouldnt have chosen.. anyway, he was lucky.. godma says it will make up for the last year and this year's bd pressie and christmas pressy...


Anyway, Ace was so excited, he started fixing it the night he went home.. I told him he can only fix the bad guys (cos it is small part of the whole set) ...

Next morning when he woke up.. first thing he wanted to do... fix his lego...

Since he has been back to SG, he has been eating every 2 hours... and that is like one of the rare days where he says he is not hungry and doesnt really eat much cos all he wanted to do was fix up the whole set...


Continues fixing early morning on day 3... and finally finishes in the afternoon:)

The complete set.. fixed all by himself WITHOUT any help form me!:)

His full set of Galaxy squad... including the orange squad tat godma Karen and Gandie Zhiguang bought for him..

Ace says he is going to collect the whole set.. I HOPE HE FORGETS THIS SOON! hahaha..

Anyway, we found out that the same sets cost alot more in dubai... mental note to self, want to buy lego must buy in Singapore...

Sent godma SL all the photos and she said she is really happy to see that Ace is really enjoying himself with the set. When we had to unpack it to bring it back to Dubai.. Ace insisted that can only break it up into big pieces because he says it was very xin ku to build...  hahaha

I told him next time.. just save money to get tat expensive set of lego that can build remote control robots...  then i dun need to store so many sets of legos at home... hahaha...

Previous Post: Camp At Home August 2013

No comments: