Thursday, July 25, 2013

Meeting Uncle Wes and Family

I know in this high tech world where the world can be reached at the touch of a button, pen pals are not that common anymore. But I have a penpal whom I have known for years.. it is funny how time flies...

I first got to know Wes on the #Singapore IRC chat channel. Back then, I was still studying in uni (I think I was only in my first year of uni) and Wes was well, trying to court his current wife.. who is Singaporean... Being very KPO, I tried to provide him with more info about Singapore... and then when they finally visited Singapore together, I met up with them.. and that is how I found out that his then gf (now wife) was my JC senior!:)

Over the years, we kept in touch, we watched each other get married (Wes even attended my wedding during one of his trips back here!) and watched each other have children...  with the invention of Facebook, I got to know his wife even better and they got to know Max better too...

In recent years, they have not been able to come back so often because their kids go to school... so I was really happy to know that Wes and his family will be coming to Singapore when we are back home :)

 Ace was excited to meet up with Wes's daughters, AL and AV... and they had fun playing together with rubberbands, drawing together.. etc..


 Because when we arrived, Wes's family had already arrived... so it was only when Wes stood up that Ace realized that Wes is very tall!:) wahahaha.. our families went supermarket shopping together and Ace says that he wants to grow taller than Uncle Wes the next time he visits (which is possibly two years later). Hahaha...

Looking at the huge difference in height.. I think it is very difficult lah :) wahahahaha...

Anyway, it was great to meet up lah.. too bad tat Max is not in SGP yet :)

Previous Post: I Want To Poop

No comments: