Saturday, July 13, 2013

Haw Par Villa With Long Time Friends

Just before I was due to come home, a friend asked if anyone is interested to go to Haw Par Villa for a shoot. Turns out that the friend (who works in a production company) is looking for someone who has visited Haw Par Villa in the past to go there again and be interviewed...

I thought it is quite interesting.. so I decided to volunteer myself and bring Ace lah. The friend then linked me up with his colleague and then she asked if I could ask more people along...

I asked around but my friends were either not free or had young children... so they were concerned that Haw Par Villa is too scary and might give them nightmares..

The night before we were due to go to HPV, I was talking to another good friend who said she has never been there before and so we made a date to go together with her two girls.. who are long time friends of Ace as well... Ace and this two jie jie have long time affinity one... they seldom meet up but when they do.. they usually hor behave like long time friends like tat...

Anyway, I was told to bring along my old photos taken and HPV and my grandma helped me find some photos lor:)

Gosh, seriously, without the photos, I wouldnt have remembered anything else about HPV except the 10 courts of hell.. apparently, everyone i spoke to also only had one memory of it.. most of them were so traumatized that they had nightmares after visiting. So I decided I had to do some prep work for Ace....

That's me a little more than 30 years ago.. hehehe..

Before we left.. I told Ace that we were going to a place that I visited when I was very young. I always wanted to go back again but never did because it is so far away... and later, you had to pay alot of money as entrance..

And then I told him about the 10 courts of Hell and told him it is based on a legend... and some stories  from long ago... not necessarily true stories...

Lucky for us, the MRT now leads us straight to HPV... 

Here we are at the entrance.. apparently, they took away the dragon... cos it was too expensive to upkeep.. HPV is now govt owned and is free entry...




Ace making friends with the sound technician and helping to hold the microphone :)


Ace and O Jie Jie looking at the map..





We decided to start off with the scariest part of the visit..



The least scary set of statues there.. ahahaha:)


It is not as scary as I remembered it even though there is alot of blood and gore..





This is the city for people who were wronged and died as a result.. it is set for them to watch the people who wronged them enjoy their desserts..










As we finished visiting all the 10 courts and viewing all the various punishments for the various crimes, Ace started to purse his lips.. when we asked him why.. he said he is disturbed because he knows he sometimes wastes a little bit of food... hahaha :)

I explained to him again that it is not true and also, as long as he is aware and make a different choice and dun waste food from now on, it is still ok...


I asked Ace if he understood what this is about... he says he doesnt... so I explained that the daughter was being fillial to the mother by feeding her her milk that is meant for the baby...


After that, there were still many things to see.. it is a great pity that all the explanation boards are old and blur.. so I couldnt read many of the stories..



























we even found a statue of liberty inside!!! :)



Ace and O says, "We are taller than madam white snake and xu xian!"



Then it is time to say goodbye to HPV :)

The kids started to complain that they very hungry.. so we went to Mac Donalds for lunner :) THat is a cross between lunch and dinner... very good lor.. got T jie jie as leader.. the kids in charge of buying food and cleaning tables... me and their mummy just continue to chat :)



Walked around this stationary store and the children got excited and started drawing together :)




Then we went to Toys R Us at Ace's request :)

To my surprise, all three kids enjoyed it immensely! And T jie jie who is almost double Ace's age actually shared the love for the same toys as Ace.. no wonder they so gum key...


My friend bought her daughters and Ace a bouncing ball each... check out all their happy faces!



Ace showing off his martial arts skills to T jie jie because she knows martial arts too..


Hahaha.. T jie jie very cheeky.. keep wanting to steal Ace's kiss :) Managed to kiss left and right cheek! wahahahahaha....

Previous Post: Ace Gor Gor




No comments: