Friday, June 28, 2013

Ace's Results

Ace received his exam results already...

Actually hor, not really like result result lah.. cos hor, his school exam.. I din know in advance one.. he came home and tell me.. "Mummy.. today I had math exam.." How cool is that! I think all my Singaporean parent friends must envy me!:) Dun have to nag, dun have to take leave and worry about it... Just encourage him to do his best in school everyday and kiss and remind him that "You are the best!" before he goes to school:)

Best part, this exam got no marks one.. the result is merely a category which tells you if your child is average, good, very good or behind his peers....

Before he brought home his result slip, Ace always told me that he tries his best in school and I tell him that that is most important to me. I am very happy to say that his teacher also commented that Ace tries hard! :) I am very happy with that!

At first glance, his results seem to be nothing to shout about.. it is just mostly in the AVERAGE category...

This one is his mid term result..  other than arabic, art and design and response to science where he is above average, he is average in all categories:) hahaha

But... if I put his mid term result for year 2 beside it... things start to look interesting...

 As you can see, Ace made a vast improvement as he no longer has any items falling in the area of a 3 or a 4.. and his arabic has moved on suddenly from being a 3 (working towards group expectations) to a 1.

Very proud of Ace for improving!:)

Here are his end of the year "results"...


Max says the phrase "I was rubbish in computers..." is very british because only the british will use phrases like that... My "ang moh kiah" (Ace's nickname when he was a baby because he looked like a mixed blood baby) is really turning into a true blue ang moh kiah.. wahahahaha....





I looked up all the assessment results. Apparently, 3c and 2a are both the average results of a typical Year 3.



As you can tell though.. our little prince is often DAY DREAMING and does his work TOO SLOW lah.. exactly like how he is when doing homework at home.. how come his teacher did burst a blood vessel like me?!:P wahahahahhaa

I am glad though that he is making improvement and able to express himself better :)

 Wahaha.. Ace still has got two left feet.. I guess:)

 I am actually very curious how Ace will develop his singing voice. Wonder if he will take after ME or take after his dad.. if take after me, I think he will have no problem singing on his own.. if take after Max.. then.. WAHAHAHAHAH:)


 I think in the area of soft skills.. like relationships, perseverance, etc.. he has stayed pretty much the same.. in areas of attitudes to learning and self esteeem, he has made some improvement.. but i wonder if it is because these things are more or less a person's character.. which doesnt really change much...

But I think this is such a holistic view of education.. it seems the british curricullum is also very much about character building....

Anyway, again, his results did not seem tat impressive till I placed last years results side by side..

 On the left, his Year 3 report, on the right the Year 2 one.. as you can tell, he can now write alot more things and express himself better!:)

 For PE, he made a VAST improvement!!!!

from so many 4s.. he has moved to mostly 3s except in two areas.. and like his mum.. he has good attitude in playing sports even if he doesnt play well :) wahahahahahaha... when I was in pri school, I was not the best player in the softball team and because I could not bat well, I was often only fielded in the field for catching and not batting. But if you talk about attitude.. I think I am one of the best.. hahaha..  cos I always attend all my practices without fail:)

 Needless to say, he has VAST IMPROVEMENT in his arabic. I think it is all thanks to his teacher, Mr Mohameed.. according to Ace, he did not really understand what is happening in arabic class in his first year.. so that is why he scored badly... but this year, he has a new teacher and arabic is much more interesting to him.. and as he got better, he got more confident.. and that is why he improved so much:)

But dun expect him to be able to converse in arabic just yet.. He can only tell you what Banana, Apple, table and chair is in arabic.. or say things like.. "The book is on the table.." "This is horizon school.." hahahha

 Anyway, Ace recieved two certs for his swimming... FINALLY AH! Max say.. "This is the cummulation of all the money I spent on his swimming.." when he saw the cert... wahahahaha


So... after comparing with last year... and taking into consideration that Ace is the YOUNGEST in his class (most of his classmates are 8 going onto 9 years old while he is 7 going onto 8), I think he is doing well! ;) Keep up the good work Ace.. and continue to do your best! I know you will continue to improve and do even better!

Previous Post: Ace's Birthday Party



No comments: