Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Surrogates Can't Have True Love

Watched the movie, Surrogates together with Ace...

Ace was really fascinated by this movie.. which is a sci fi movie about how some time in the near future, all the human beings can buy robots called Surrogates to represent them in the world to interact... the surrogate can look perfect and they can do anything, go to work, talk, run...

All the human being needs to do is to stay at home and control the robot in the comfort of their own home...

I had to explain a little of what is happening here and there because Ace did not understand some parts...

But midway into the movie when he figured what was going on... he told me during the commercial break that if one day, in his life time, there are surrogates available, he will still choose to be himself and not use a surrogate... cos he figured that a surrogate hugging a surrogate will transmit no love...

Anyway, the ending of the movie (Spoiler alert if you havent watched the movie) is that something happened and all the surrogates were disabled and the human beings were forced to come out of their rooms and stop hiding behind the robots...

Ace declared to me that it was a great ending and a good ending "Because this is good for the people... you know mummy.. if they are just surrogates, they cannot hug each other for real and cannot really love each other... and they also cannot make babies and have children.."

I am so impressed that he thought so far! And also impressed that he seems to have a good grasp of what is important in life... that is.. till he added...

"If I choose, I dun want to have surrogate also.. because I want to feel real love and I want to have babies and have a family.... PLUS HOR... mummy.. if I were surrogate, I might DIE.. because of that virus the bad man created! I don't want to die!"

Wah lau... I tot he like so impressive and so chim like tat.. all that talk about love and family.... so the real reason is just tat he dun want to die by the surrogate virus! wahahaha...

But then again, that is also a good grasp of what is important lah.. SURVIVING is impt in life too:) haha..

Previous Post: I'm A Mar-ther Far-ther Gentleman!

No comments: