Friday, May 24, 2013

I Am Just Talking To You, You Don't Have To Be Angry Right?

Ace has always been quite an emotionally mature child for his age...

The amount of maturity that he sometimes shows surprises me still.. EVEN when I know he is emotionally mature...

The other day, we decided that we are finally going to watch Iron Man 3 and Max said he had some sort of one for one freebie if we watched in a certain cinema... so we went lor:) As Max was afraid there might be no tickets left, the moment he got off the car, he walked very quickly....

Ace sort of slowed down to wait for me and while we were giggling at some other thing, Max made a turn and disappeared!  We couldnt find his botak head anywhere in the sea of people.

So we hang around and see if Max will backtrack. He didn't.. and I started to feel annoyed...

And because I was not sure if he was walking towards the cinema or elsewhere or where the cinema is (we were in a mega mall), I called him up and when he picked up the call, I asked, "Uncle, where are you?"

In response... Max scolded vulgarities and said, "Look for the cinema yourself lah!"

I was so mad at him lor. I am annoyed but I din scold him or say anything.. why should he scold me vulgarities right? So I dun want to talk to him lor.. so rude! (Actually, the real reason I was really upset was because this reminded me of some years ago where we were going through a difficult time in our marriage.. during tat difficult time, I always felt that Max treated me like an enemy... (speaking fiercely to me, walking fast and ignoring my presence, snapping at me at all times, going against my wishes and treating my suggestions as just "air"... etc... it was a very miserable time of my life and I was so upset that I felt so unimportant to one of the most important men in my life... Thankfully, it was only a phase in our marriage:))

Seeing that we were in a fight, Ace came and held my hand and said to me, "Aiyah, don't angry at daddy lah...."

"Why I cannot angry?" I asked Ace.

"If you angry, he will feel very bad mah..."

And because Max made no move to come and pacify me, I told Ace "He never feel very bad mah... he feel very bad meh... I cannot tell.."

"Why you so angry at him?" Ace asked me..

"He scold vulgarity at me lor!" I said.

"What did he scold you?"

"You go and ask me lah!" I told Ace.

At this point, Ace said.. "You angry at him right? Not at me right? I am only talking to you leh, why you angry at me also?"

I blur for a while and then I told him, "I am not angry at you what..."

And then deciding that it is a futile effort to pacify me in place of his dad.. he just walked away and left me alone.

After a long time, then finally someone wake up his idea and come and say sorry to me lor.. then explain that that is his usual kou tou chan mah... he din mean to be rude.. blah blah blah...




Then of course, after that all is well again lah:)

Seeing that we made up, Ace was all smiles and held both our hands as we happily walked out of the store where this exchange happened...

And we went on to watch IRON MAN 3 :)

Awesome movie if I may add:)

Previous Post: Hard Rocker

No comments: