Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Head Bashing

Recently, my son is always getting into trouble in school. I wonder if it is because I am bz working and he is asking for my attention.

I think I should consider logging off my computer after my official working hours of 9-1pm so that I can concentrate on other things I enjoy like spending more time with Ace...

Anyway, he came home and showed me his SOS book.. his teacher left a message for me and asked me to have a word with Ace.. because the xiao giah go and use his head to bang on the door while teacher was teaching lor...

The story is tat they were doing some sort of exchange class program.. so the people are divided into different classes and sent off to other classes to do something else... he finished his session and came back.. he was outside the door waiting for his teacher who was not done with her students yet...

And then, because Ace loves to be funny.. and always likes physical comedy...(you know what clowns do.. tripping over, falling down.. exegerrated expressions..) and I think because he wanted attention of everyone.. he used his head to bang on the door! It was stupid and also disruptive to the lesson.. so the teacher was concerned...

When the teacher asked him why he did that, he was afraid he will get into trouble and said he din know...

But when we talked, he told me he was just trying to be funny. I explained to him that he might hurt himself and physical comedy for him is dangerous since he always has low awareness of his surroundings.

"Is it worth it to have your head broken just so some people can laugh at your joke? Is it worth it to get scolding from your teacher just to be funny?"

Ace said, "No.."

And then I explained to Ace that he does not need to be funny for people to like him. I enjoy his jokes but I love him just as he is.. he is a wonderful person and a wonderful friend and people like him because of that.. yes they will laugh at his jokes but even if he did not do physical comedy and just be humorous with words, people will enjoy his company still and will still like him...

I also explained to him that it was rude to disturb the teacher's session and that he should say sorry.. he said he was afraid that his teacher will then know he lied and be angry.. I told him that since he chose to lie, he has to bear the consequences. But since he say sorry first.. I think the teacher will likely forgive him.

Next day he went to school and said he was sorry and the teacher just said, "Don't do it again.."

He super heng lor...

Anyway, I also told Ace that I think he has a wonderful gift of humour.. and there are so many ways to express it.. physical comedy is only one of the ways.. there are so many other safe an equally good ways to express it...

So recently, he is doing less of the the silly falling over without looking at where he is sort of thing and learning to tell more jokes;)

What a relief for me and Max too because we were always so worried he will hurt himself ;)

Previous Post: Eco Friendly Racing Car, Anyone?

No comments: