Thursday, April 04, 2013

If Don't Want People To Know, Don't Do It

The other day, I went shopping with my sister during my Dubai Sisters Day out with my Dubai sister, F. While trying out clothes for fun, I found this really nice dress that I really liked and so I decided to buy it.

When I met Max after that, I told he I bought a dress and he did not say anything. Nor did he ask me how much the dress cost.

Fast forward to almost one and a half months later, Ace was  having his school holidays and so, I brought him along with me to my Soka Tea Party at R's house. My promise to him was that if he chanted for an hour together with us, I will bring him to Mac Donalds as a reward.

Ace only managed to last like 25 minutes before he got bored and started to fidget. But since it was good effort on his part, I still brought him to Mac D lah.

It has been a while since we got to spend time alone and really talk to each other as everyday we have been bz reading his english story books or chinese story books. We did not really have a chance to talk or chat except talk about what happened at school.

While we were having lunch together, Ace told me that actually when I was not looking, his dad took out the reciept from my shopping bag, saw how much I spent (I spent close to 200 dirhams which is about $60 sing dollars on the dress and 3 belts because my belt disintegrated) and commented... "Aiyoh, 200 dirhams.. this mummy ah, very rich now ah.. next time ask her to buy things for the family...."

When Max reached home that night, I asked him if he did that and he acted blur while giving his "bao toh kiah" dagger looks...

"Got meh? I got say that meh?" Max insisted...

Me: Ace did daddy say that?
Max: Where got where got.. what did I say?
Ace: Yes, you said mummy so rich now.. next time ask her pay for the family things..
Max: Is it? I said that??
Ace: Yes you did! You said that to me!
Max: No lah.. the money I give you is yours mah.. you can spend in however you like..." and he hugged me while turning to look at Ace and telling Ace, "You are so dead, you are so dead!"

Since I should protect the whistle blower for giving me IMPORTANT INFORMATION, I told Ace that I will teach him a new chinese phrase that he can use if his dad threatens to do anything to him....

The phrase is 若要人不知,除非己莫为

Which means "If you don't want people to know that you did something.. then dun even do it in the first place..

Unfortunately, this phrase consisted of too many words that Ace is unfamiliar with... until today, he is having problems remembering the full phrase! Wahahaaahahahahaha....

Anyway, Max did tell Ace he was joking with him only lah. "It is always good to tell the truth..." his dad affirmed.. wahahaha...

Now, everytime I remember, I will test Ace and see if he remembers this phrase. Till now, no improvement.. sigh..

Previous Post: I Wish I Can Experience War

No comments: