Monday, March 04, 2013

The Best Hokkien Mee Ever!

Max has a soft spot for vegeterian fried prawn noodles...

I find it strange because when we were not vegeterians and dating, he was never much of a fried prawn noodle fan in my eyes.. somehow when he became vegeterian, this became one of his favourite dishes...

Every trip home to SGP, we will bring back tonnes of noodles.. and chor bee hoon and will attempt to cook this. Initially, my sis taught me how to fry the noodles because she learnt how to do so from a friend while living in France.


This trip home, Max visited his favourite veg stall (MIAO XIANG VEGETERIAN at the BEDOK SOUTH Market)selling his fav fried hokkien noodle by himself and because we are long time customers and the boss knows that we are currently staying in Dubai, the lady boss gladly shared her receipe with Max... so when we got back to Dubai.. Max has been cooking it frequently:

Check out at the Naked Chef at work.. okie.. semi naked.. My sister though was the only one who noticed tat Max sucked in his tummy when I took the photo:) wahahahhahaha..

And I must say hor that Max did really well. When I took the first bite without mixing the chilli sauce, it tasted like REAL fried prawn mee.. the only thing missing was  the sotong and the prawn!:)



Ace loved it very much too and requested for me to cook it again even when Max was not around.

Alas we have finished all our chor bee hoon. so from now on, we will only be able to do it using spaghetti...

Previous Post: Zack's Soccer Birthday Party

No comments: