Saturday, March 23, 2013

Art Dubai

So happy... There is a Art Dubai Exhibition and my Dubai sister, F, invited me to go watch with her since she had an extra ticket free...

The event was held in Madinet Jumeriah.. right next to the famous representation of Dubai  Burj Al Arab.. and since weather is nice.. of cos MUST take a photo of it lah:)

This is an interesting one..  these are hand casted metals.. looked like aluminium foil to me initially till I read the explaination...(below)

Curious Cupboard with curious knick knacks like birds cut into two.. cow's head etc...

I don't know what sort of effect this is but this thing looked dam bloody real!



You feel like you looking through a door or a window...

Pencil Drawings of scenes in Dubai...

I am not the only one who noticed the people who have tea on the road dividers!

Never ending construction here in Dubai...

And like what F said.. another unique feature in Dubai.. WRONG SPELLING .. hahaa

Unique view of the rooftops here in Dubai:) I know at least this is sort of how MY rooftop looks like:)

This one I took specially for MAX:) wahahaha...
THE EYE.. TO ward off evil
That is the famous artist who did the eye viewing thing and met her long lost loved! Glad to see her here... here, she is holding emptiness:)







I thought this looked like WOLVERINE's HANDS:) hahahaha



 Puppets...

 Scary puppets... Ace say these look very real when i showed him the photo...

 Like that hor.. ALSO considered ART LEH..



F told me a mummy pointed this out to her child and laughed because she found a dino with a human head so amusing.. we both felt quite differently about it though.. this head looks a little scary lor.. well but that is art! hahahaha..




This one is titled something like "In My Head" My guess is the artist doesnt like himself or herself very much lor...











This one is amazing.. from far it looked like someone put a cloth over a woman's head.. and it looked really soft like cloth.. you go near you realize it is a sculpture made out of marble stone!


One of my favourites :) Don't just see what is on the surface, sometimes if you read between the lines or see what is really happening behind.. you will understand what the person is really thinking..



I love this series of regal animals in ornate places.. I wonder though if they were superimposed...

This sort 0f art is very common here.. paintings with arabic words..

Can you guess what this is? That is supposedly how the artist thinks smoke will look like on paper:)


For a moment I chuah.. why got a little child stand there.. then realize is just an exhibit:)

This one is REALLY funny to me.. especially since we live here in the middle east!




This amazing painting is painted out of acrylic paint.. looks like a real scene outside the window of my dream house lor:)


This is done using a spray gun.. I wonder how they captured the detail.. but most often, when I show them this picture... people ask me why is the cat in a diaper:)

A porcelain chair.. dunno if i sit will break or not.. the legs so fine..

This one is titled Madonna..  strange to see her in this costume and what is this miniature grown man doing with her?

This one is just gold leaves lor! Titlted BLINDING LIGHT.. should make it shiny mah.. then really blinding light!:) wahahah


This is one very strange photo I cannot make head and tail out of...





Reminds me of the buddhist story, The Old Woman's Lamp..

Guess what is this.. ARABIC BREAD LAH!:)


Can you tell what the colourful things are? Those are chalk!

Art work made out of cloth by African artists.. looks quite japanese to me though..


I really liked this..:)



I wonder how they suspend the gun in the air...


This one is really interesting.. it is a long dinner table with two screens mounted on each end.. each screen show a man and a woman who are supposedly having dinner together but maybe via skype or wat.. their expressions a LIVE and in sync... very sad if this is how future human relationships is going to be lor...



This is a story machine.. 10 dirhams for a short story and a souvenior..






This series is by a Korean artitist... I dunno how to explain to you but all his 3 D human figurines are actually FLAT.. not really 3 D at all.. they are distorted and you can only understand when you see the real thing.. hard to capture it on camera...


Eg, from the back this looks like Ace at the wall...

You stand from another view you can see how this figurine is very thin and distorted..




The following is very interesting.. it is a picture of Magdelein reading.. by different artists..and starts with the cheapest one.. to the most expensive one.. when asked which is their favourite though, I find that diff people have diff views and doesnt mean most expensive is nicest to all... You can compare yourself and see which one you like..










Check out these engraved tires...



This one is very tongue in cheek.. it is titled Protecting Motherland.. wahahaha




Someone asked me to take pic for her with her iphone as she wanted to pose with this flower.. wahahaha.. suddenly i feel like iphone so small.. how to use??:P wahahaha


















Amazing this artist wasnt condemmed.. how dare he use these colours and make them into nooses....









Painting made out of matches...








And that was the end of a sort of interesting exhibition:)



When I got home, me and Ace had to work on his submission some sort of art contest.. title is supposed to be My Green City. We had fun doing it and I think Ace's drawing aint too bad...

Guess everyone is in an arty farty mode and so the other night.. we were watching TV and because we did not want Ace to bug us.. Max told him he can decorate the bedroom door.. and he started to go into Action..  hahaha..

The following is his creation called NIGHT SCENERY..





 Previous Post: Picnic At Mumzar Beach



No comments: