Sunday, February 03, 2013

Visiting A Phone "Museum"

Some time back,Max kept urging me to link up with the wife of one of his friends, B.... "You two sure click one.. same pattern.. and she loves korean drama too... " And then we finally did link up.. and click with did.. over Jang Guen Suk and our many postings on Facebook:)

This time round when we were back, B invited us to go to her house... "Museum entrance FOC..." she declared. You see, her husband CC has a very interesting interest.. he loves antique phones and antique gramaphones... so his house is filled with antique phones... It was a good trip since Max and CC got to catch up about the who and what about the people in the Singapore Navy (they were batch boys) while me and B caught up about life.

Ace was really excited when he heard that he is going somewhere with children. But to his disappointment, B's son BZai who was at home (AZai was in dance lessons) was sort of slow to warm up to people. Even though Ace tried to touch him, talk to him, engage him, BZai just boh hew him.. so he got really upset because he thinks tat BZai does not like him.

But you see, the trick about engaging people, Ace has yet to learn, is this-- that you talk about something that interests them or LISTEN TO THEM TALK ABOUT IT. BZai loves buildings and was more than happy to show me and Max his favourite Youtube clip about buildings and explain to us what building is from where. He is an amazing encyclopedia of knowledge about buildings all over the world.. where they are from, when they were built, how many storeys they had.. I mean I dun even know how many stories is Burj Khalifa after living in dubai for so long but he does!

When AZai came home though, she sort of did not really play with Ace as well. I guess Ace only knows boy games and so doesnt really know what he can play with a girl:) End up leh, Ace was most entertained playing with the antiques lor....

The amazing CC somehow got this antique public phone to work! (Yes, you are talking about a family of geniuses here.. the wife also keep saying cannot cook but post picture after picture of sumptouslicious foods on FB!:D) You can put coins in and dial out lor! Ace managed to call his dad on his mobile... amazing!!!






Hello daddy, can you hear me??

What is most amazing is that these things still work! CC even played some music for us using the gramaphones.. how very rustic and romantic...

This one is grandfather of all gramaphones..  it just playes by turning this cylinder which has things carved onto it.. so amazing lor! And the sound quality is not bad one!


Photo time... the kids took such a long time to help us with the photo taking...

While we were there, something really funny happened. Ace was playing in the room with A and BZai and Bzai accidently hit Ace in the eye with a shoe.. I think they were playing and he threw a shoe or something and it hit Ace but well.. as usual, Mr Crybaby cried lor.. then hor, he come outside and sob sob.. and then I sayang him liao he ok. I suppose B wanted to comfort Ace and so she told Ace, "I will cane him later..."

Then leh, suddenly while we were chatting, we realized that Ace disappeared into the room again and was sitting on the bed and talking to BZai.. "Wah, suddenly so good friends again ah?" I commented, thinking how wonderful children are when it comes to forgetting hatred...

But very curious, I went to ask Ace what he was talking to BZai about.. To my amusement, Ace was actually giving a PREP TALK! Wahahahahaha!

"I asked BZai if he had any friends. He said he had some in school. I asked him if he wanted more friends and he said yes.. so I tell him I will teach him how to have more friends... If you want to have more friends, when people talk to you, you talk to them...."

Whahahahaahha.. that was in reference to how he did not want to talk to Ace despite Ace talking to him and trying to engage him.. BUT THAT WAS NOT THE END OF IT!

"Then I asked him if he wanted his mummy to cane him less. And he said yes. And I told him the way for his mummy to cane him less is to be kind to people..."

Which was in reference to how BZai shouldn't throw things at people... wahahaha.. I dunno whether to laugh or cry... because hor, this sort of prep talk is exactly the type of prep talk me and Max will give to Ace....

I think Ace also needs another lesson about making friends.. No friend like another friend to nag and prep talk them lor! THey already have their parents to do that to them!:) wahahahaha

PS: I think my son was in a whiney mood cos since we arrived in SGP, we havent had much time to one on one with him and he sort of either missed or needed the attention. Once he got his attention, he was sweet as a lollipop again.

PPS: Ace Chua surprised me again when B offered him some longan and he ate the longans and left the water while declaring loudly that "This water cannot drink because it is not healthy!" Usually he will drink alot of the sugar syrup and I will ask him not to drink so much because it is not healthy. Like real lor.. few days later he eat longan he drink the water secretly lor!  

Previous Post: Big Brother Ace

No comments: