Saturday, February 09, 2013

New Years Eve

Since most of my new firends here in Dubai are neither Singaporean nor chinese, I often have to explain to them why we are going back home for CNY.. to eat reunion dinner together...

Actually in our families, reunion dinner is so much of a tradition that we eat almost the same things every year!:)  And I think this blog can certainly attest to that:) wahahaha

Every CNY eve, we will eat lunch at my in laws place.. first dish of the day.. is usually and always LOU HEI!:) Strangely, my husband says he cannot remember what veggie to use in lou hei.. we bought two packets home and when I said to buy white carrot.. he actually asked me why must buy white carrot!? Gosh.. so many years, eat so many times still dunno wat goes inside... tsk tsk tsk...


Ever since Max became vegeterian, my mother in law will always make this veg ginger duck dish for Max and myself...

Rest of the family will eat steamboat lor:) And Ace will get his tomato fried toufu (no picture cos he finished it before we came!!!!)

Because Ace was staying over night the night before and he was hungry, he already sort of had his lunch.. he really sat down there for fun and to cook mushrooms for everyone:) wahahaha




Brought some of Max's old toys and old books home... Shu Shu gave Ace some marbles and so, the two big boy and small boy played marbles on the bed:)

Ace's hand is raised so high.. I think dun need to guess also know who won lah..






Me? I just camwhore to entertain myself...




Sore loser lie on bed and sulk... hahahha

Time for dinner reunion at my mum's place.. Laoma was first to arrive.. Too bad though she cannot remember us and felt uneasy amongst "strangers"...


Last time hor, we always ate fish head pot for CNY.. some years we eat steamboat.. only one year hor.. my family very leong.. we went to eat mac donald big mac lor.. then after me and mum became vegeterian.. we started having vegeterian steamboat liao lor...


Ace thinking wat to cook next..

My aunty brought some home made chocolates.. looks so good and taste so good.. i wouldnt have thought they were home made:)

After dinner.. time to wrap ang pow.. Lazy Max sub contract the job to Ace Chua..



Ace Chua says he wanted a particular red packet fo rhis red packet and chose one for Cayden also.. and then he tried to slip in an extra $2 into his own red packet...

Meanwhile, lazy Max just look on and lie there and relac one corner while Ace and me worked hard at wrapping red packets...

A side story about red packets here.. someone I know gave out the wrong red packets this year.. was suppose to give the higher denomination one but the person forget which red packet design holds which amount and so gave out smaller denomination one instead.. and this kick started a conversation about red packets..

I always gave quite standard red packets... only now then i know hor that red packets is got MARKET RATE one.. and EVERY YEAR IS DIFFERENT! Now that I know, I think next year I will follow market rate.. wahahahaha...

Anyway, end of the day, the richest one is always Ace Chua lor...

Previous Post: Trip Down Memory Lane

No comments: