Thursday, December 06, 2012

You Say And You Don't Do

It has been sort of tough for me in the last two months. Max got assigned to some "fire fighting" project at work which meant that he was spending most of his time either working his ass off or playing/watching soccer to relax from the stress...

It first started out with him being always on the phone.. then gradually he started to go for meeting during the weekends when we are supposed to be out.

Eventually, it became such that he had to work for full weekend for the whole day.. which left me and Ace stranded at home during the weekends. That is not good news for me as I don't drive. As it is, the only time I get out of the house will be during our weekend  gai gai and if Max is not free to bring us out, it means I have to stay home and look at the four walls for many days straight and that, really drives me up the wall.

Don't get me wrong, I am a homey sort of person. I actually have good tolerance for nua-ing and doing nothing at home. Longest I can do that is about two weeks. But i am also a very social person.. i can do that provided i get to meet and talk to people like my mum, my sis or my hubby.

To make things worse, christmas is just round the corner.. and as they say, '每逢佳节倍思亲", I really miss my family alot and it also made me miss all the christmas gatherings I know I am going to miss... what is worse is that my baby nephew's full month is just round the corner and I can't attend the full month as well. That is just plain XIAN... And it is all enough already to make me feel depressed and gloomy...

But my only consolation is that Max says he does not need to work on Friday:) Yipee...

The other day, Ace came home with a birthday invite from his classmate, R. R's birthday party was to be held this coming weekend and I confirmed and double confirmed that Max would not be working that day before I sent an sms to RSVP that Ace will be attending the party.

But I dam suay lor... on the day that I smsed R's mother to RSVP, Max came home and informed me THAT HE WILL OFFICIALLY HAVE TO WORK ON FRIDAYS as well. And indefinitely as well. I really think that person who made this request or decision is an A-hole lah.. the team already working OT, everyday till late night for the past few months... dun even get off day, want people to DIE MEH? That made me very angry and upset and angry at his boss (for asking Max to take over this pile of shit tat I feel they created due to their wishy washy dunno want to do this or do that attitude), his client who insists they work everyday and a little at Max for taking work as it comes without putting up a fight or even giving strong feedback even though he also feels shack and thinks it is unreasonable.

That put me in a dam foul mood cos immediately, that means I have a few problems...

- coming weekend, there is a JPD meeting at The Greens.. no car how to go??
(Ok nevermind, I can take metro to the internet city station and slowly walk there.. I heard from my friend it is a ten minute walk... so not so bad...)

- after meeting, where to go?? The birthday party is at 3pm at my meeting ends at 11am.. tat leaves me with 4 hours.. say long no long, say short not short.. there is no shopping place or lunch place in that area at all! where do I spend time and doing what...

- And then, how to get from meeting place to party place? Party place not walking distance from the stupid metro lor.. if i have to walk, I think i will DIE....

- no max, no car, party is 3-6pm. what am i going to do for 3 hours? Stand there and watch Ace play? Another can DIE problem again.

- After party, how to go home? Again, no metro...

I told Max in that case I dun wanna go to the party... he nonchalantly said, "Still can go mah, just take TAXI lor..."

Wah, very good lor, take taxi who dunno.. but what about me? What about my needs and my time? So that made me even more upset and angry...

I ran into the bedroom to pout and be angry and when Ace saw me, he asked me what is wrong. I asked him if he can DON'T go to the party or not.. because of the above mentioned problems and I explained to him how it was difficult for me.

"But I want to go..." He said..

Dam..  if Max tell me earlier, I wun tell Ace confirm we can go, then I wun have this problem.. so that made me angry again.

"Okay, I dun want to talk now, I am very angry.. I want to throw tantrum now.." I told Ace. And so I hide myself under my blanket.

Ace wriggled into my blanket and whispered to me, "You angry at daddy ah?"

"Don't talk to me first, I am still angry.." I told him.. and then our amusing conversation continued...

Ace: Aiyoh, you always tell me don't get upset over small things and don't throw tantrum over small things. You say and you don't do...

Me: But this is not a small thing to me lor. It is a BIG THING! I miss home so much and now I cannot even see my husband during the weekends.

Ace: Ok ah ok lah, I give you three minutes to be angry.. I start counting down now... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..... Ok, times up already, you cannot be angry already..

Me: But I am still angry and upset. I am not done with my emotions yet.

Ace: Ok ok, I give you a hug, see if you feel better or not, ok?

The more I think the sadder I became and I started to look as if I was going to cry... then without me being able to help it, tears started flowing down my face...

Ace: Mummy, you crying ah...

(I nod my head)

Ace:  Ok lor, I don't go to the party lor...

After I am done with my crying... I turned to Ace and asked him... "Really ah, you don't go to the party, you not disappointed? You not unhappy?"

Ace: Of course I will be unhappy lah.. I will be unhappy for a few hours...

Me: And then?

Ace: And then what? And then after that I will be happy again lor!:) Hahahaha...

Hai.. because Ace is so sweet about it... now i cannot bear to not bring him to the party already...

I told Max about our conversation and he ask me why Ace never talk to him like this. I guess I am the "feeling" person that Ace goes to when he wants to talk about emotions. The other day we were out and feeling alone cos there was just two of us as Max was still working on a holiday, and I was sharing about how I was missing home and missing my friends and family.
 Ace said, "Yeah, I know, you can whatsapp them but that is not the same as face to face communication. Now, you can only talk to me and I can only talk to you because daddy is working. You are the only person I can share my feelings with..."

Just to lighten things up, I told him he can also talk to "Handy" which is my hand (actually me speaking with a falsetto voice). Ace loved it and found it really funny and we spent the rest of the night having a three person conversation between Ace, me and Handy.




PS: I discovered or rather remembered that FRI MORN got NO MRT! So i cabbed my way to the meeting place. Many many many many thanks to my Dubai sister, Fayth... she came all the way to the meeting place to pick me and Ace... brought us to eat a yummilicious lunch (nasi lemak, char mee and hor fun)... dropped Ace off at his party... brought me go gai gai with her and picked Ace up after party. The icing on the cake is Max managed to get off work by 5pm or so and we actually managed to do a lovely Korean dinner together!:) So the day ended up a pretty good one:) Thank god for friends!

Previous Post:  UAE 41st National Day

No comments: